Newbie chicken mom in WA

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your hen, hope she recovers. X3, I would separate her until you know what is going on in case she is contagious, and also so the other hens don't decide to pick on her..

Yup I separated her this morning into the dog kennel I was going to use for the new chicks. She seemed worse this morning. She seems weak, out of balance and breathing hard. The others are still doing good.

Chicks may have to wait unless I get another kennel. I don't really have any place else to put them. I got a good deal on the kennel, 30% off so I suppose I could get another.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your hen! I hope she gets better!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Did you post this in our emergency section? Lots of knowledgeable members there that may be able to diagnose her. I hope she makes a full recovery. :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Did you post this in our emergency section? Lots of knowledgeable members there that may be able to diagnose her. I hope she makes a full recovery. :)

I did but don't think my original post went through because it contained external links to my youtube videos of my chicken. I did post on a previous thread that someone had experienced similar symptoms but no one has responded to my message on there yet. She seemed worse this morning and am afraid of what I'll find when I get home. She's at least separated from the others.

My sick girl didn't make it through the night.
sad.png
My first chicken loss. I hope the others don't get whatever she had.

Back
Top Bottom