Newbie from nw Indiana

Please join me, bring the KIDS!
This Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st, I will be opening my yard from 10-2 for the 5th Annual Windy City Coop Tour. It's the first time in Indiana and it's free! Please stop in and see my coop and hens and my garden.
6528 Forest Ave, Hammond
Go to Chicagochickens.org for map and instructions.

So for not updating but life has been busy... We are now getting 1 egg a day from the RIR we think. New issues to deal with is feeling water from freezing and the eggs too! I've done slot of research here and I hVe to get busy building my water Hester and larger food bowl/bucket! Does anyone take their feed out at night? Any suggestions for treats?

Randy

So for not updating but life has been busy... We are now getting 1 egg a day from the RIR we think. New issues to deal with is feeling water from freezing and the eggs too! I've done slot of research here and I hVe to get busy building my water Hester and larger food bowl/bucket! Does anyone take their feed out at night? Any suggestions for treats?

Randy
Hi Randy! You may want to invest in some heated water bases or heated dog water bowls to water your flock. I use bases. Just make sure to stand them on bricks or cinder blocks. Never put them directly on bedding as they might start a fire.

As for treats, here is the BYC treats chart for things you can feed your birds...https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-treat-chart-the-best-treats-for-backyard-chickens

I clean up all feed at roosting time and dump all water. No sense in attracting predators or keeping food and water in the coop at night since they are all sleeping. Helps to keep the moisture down in the coop as well on these winter nights if you empty all waterers.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi, i'm new to this site. Well, this is all new to me. I live in wheatfield Indiana We are 10 mins from demotte. I have had chickens for 7 years. Right now i have 2 birds that were listed as Acuras thou they look like americanas. I all so have 3 dark brahma's soon to be adding 3 light brahmas. All so have 2 dogs and one fat cat. No worrys he's not that fat just a little. The vet just says hes heathy. I've looked at back yard chickens to get lots of help but never join cuz, i too am kind of chicken but, i thought what the heck theres other peeps from around this area. :p

Back
Top Bottom