Newbie from Quebec

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a nice set up you have there! We have a coop and run contest running that you might like to check out ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-and-run-page-contest-winter-spring-2016/0_30
How to enter and create a coop page are all the first post. You may just need a few more posts before you can make a page but I'm sure once you have them you wil be good go.

Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Thanks Yorkshire Coop for the greetings! I'll make sure to have enough posts to get into the contest.
I'm into woodworking so I wanted to make a cute and useful coop that can be moved easily (have you notice the red skis under the coop
tongue.png
)

Recently, the town council of the big city that I live nex to (I live in the suburbs of it) opened discussions about letting people have laying hens (but no roosters) and I wanted to build something that makes relatives of me wanting to go in the adventure of raising hens.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, very nice coop and grounds! Your birds have a wonderful place to live and a great mommy! :)

Definitely create a coop page for the contest. I think it is 20 posts, and then you can enter your coop.

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

Wow, very nice coop and grounds! Your birds have a wonderful place to live and a great mommy! :)

The mommy is great with them! The mommy's responsible of the coop and I was in charge of all the building process
wink.png

She's always taking care of them (days and nights). We have massive problems with raccoon and that's why I'm in the process of installing an electric fence to repel them. I can tell you that we don't have kids for now but it's like we have 4 of them for now. At every noise she hears at night I'm the one who gets out of bed in p-j and looking if they're fine.

I've raised chicken for meat couple of times ago and there's a difference between hens and meat chicken! More fun to have fresh eggs every day :p

Beautiful coop - the only thing I would change is the use of poultry chicken wire. I would recommend the use of 1/2" hardware cloth in run panels & also any windows or venting.

The electrified fencing is very good but in case of any outages the hardware cloth would still be a good back-up deterent.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. There is also "Canadians, check-in-here." thread if you want to know what is happening around you.

Back
Top Bottom