klowewilliams

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2024
Hello all - expectant chicken family joining the community!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes so new in fact I just placed my first order last night for 7 baby chicks arriving the week of May 27th!!! So excited and nervous at the same time.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None

(3) What breeds do you have?
We will have 3 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Black Stars, 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Buff Plymouth Rock

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Most looking forward to our own farm fresh eggs, raising our own chickens, and someone finally appreciating all my vegetable gardening!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and technology.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Older family of five. Hubby and I plus kids ages 15-22 at home. We also have 2 dogs beagles adult and senior aged plus a 1 year old Calico (belonging to my 16 year old). We live in a suburban wooded neighborhood on just over an acre of land. I work from home and my husband is a handyman/carpenter.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I honestly think I just googled it. I’ve been looking for a few years researching and learning about chicken keeping. It’s funny I’ve raised four children, 4 dogs and a husband but have been so nervous about chicks.

:welcome
I am a new member here as well!
My black star is very sweet. Her name is Winnie and she is absolutely beautiful.
20230716_203321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom