Newbie Here!

What a great intro! You have a great job and BONUS chickens to even out those bad days! I think they are very calming too. And if you are the " keeper of the food and treats" you are the bomb! I love that you introduce chickens to small children so they know that eggs just don't appear in the back of grocery store. Good job nurse.
Thanks for the warm welcome! šŸ˜Š Our elementary school is a grade level center with grades 2-5. The kids are sooo excited to help with and learn about chickens. In addition to our after school chicken coop club, I have some of our kiddos and their parents that will be signing up to help with coop care and feeding/watering on the weekends and holidays when school is in not in session. I even started an Instagram page to get the buzz out about our girls. Some of the ideas Iā€™ve thought aboutā€¦incorporating our girls into our reading program where kids can read to them, visits to the coop for our kids with anxiety and am looking I to fundraising ideas for their food, treats and coop upkeep. I will need to become a sponge to learn all the great info from all of you experts!!!šŸ”šŸ˜Š

Welcome. It is awesome what you are doing...so many ideas come to mind. Getting kids with losses and depression in their lives would benefit so much from the therapy of taking care of the chickens. Making a wood jungle gym for the chickens is so much fun and the chickens love it. How much space do they have? Are they protected with 1/2 inch hardware cloth?

Welcome. It is awesome what you are doing...so many ideas come to mind. Getting kids with losses and depression in their lives would benefit so much from the therapy of taking care of the chickens. Making a wood jungle gym for the chickens is so much fun and the chickens love it. How much space do they have? Are they protected with 1/2 inch hardware cloth?
Thanks for the warm welcome! I really want to use our chickens as therapy chickens for our anxious kiddos. I think holding/petting a chicken could have a calming influence on them. Any ideas are welcome! Our coop is protected with 1/4 inch hardware cloth. I am intrigued about your wooden jungle gym idea! Can you please provide more details? šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom