Newbie Here!

Attachments

• rooster frizzle 2.png
    rooster frizzle 2.png
    982.7 KB · Views: 4
  • shitzu.jpg
    shitzu.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 4
:frow Welcome from New Orleans and a fellow nurse! Your thread has gotten off to a wonderful start, I enjoyed reading it. What a clever idea to introduce that age group to how we get our food and our responsibilities to the animals who provide that food.
I hope you continue to up date us on how things are working out. I am sure you will have lots of funny stories to tell. I also recommend training your hens, slowly to acclimate them to the children and vise-versa.

Just a funny story of my own: When DD was in 2nd grade (she is over 20 now) we came home and she stopped near the chicken yard and said, "Our Rooster is mean. He makes the hens give him piggyback rides around the yard". I replied, "Well, they are actually mating". She looked at me with utter disgust on her face and just said, "Oh". And went in the house. :lau

:frow Welcome from New Orleans and a fellow nurse! Your thread has gotten off to a wonderful start, I enjoyed reading it. What a clever idea to introduce that age group to how we get our food and our responsibilities to the animals who provide that food.
I hope you continue to up date us on how things are working out. I am sure you will have lots of funny stories to tell. I also recommend training your hens, slowly to acclimate them to the children and vise-versa.

Just a funny story of my own: When DD was in 2nd grade (she is over 20 now) we came home and she stopped near the chicken yard and said, "Our Rooster is mean. He makes the hens give him piggyback rides around the yard". I replied, "Well, they are actually mating". She looked at me with utter disgust on her face and just said, "Oh". And went in the house. :lau

Back
Top Bottom