Newbie...too soon to be outside?

pixiechix

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
We just moved our 5 week old Isa Browns outside. We still have the brooder lamp in their house. Is it okay for them to be outside all day (with access to indoors) in their run at 60 degrees, or should we have them stay inside their house until it gets warmer? If so, what is a good temp for them to be out all day?

Ours are 6 weeks and we are in Idaho (on the OreIda border) and they have been outside in their coop without a lamp for a week. They are doing well. Last night it did get cold - like 33 - I checked this morning and they were good. I was worried as I fell asleep about 7 and didn't bring them in. I thought the boys would do it but they didn't... I checked on them first thing though and they were fine. Ours have just about all of their feathers but the neck and the tail aren't grown out all of the way. I would imagine that 60 degrees all day is fine especially if they have access to go inside if it gets cold.

Ours were outside all the time, though shut in their coop at night, at four weeks as long as it didn't get down past 40. So I would say watch for signs of chill but most likely they'll do fine.

Though I'm a newbie too, I'll pass on :welcome

Back
Top Bottom