Newest coop in progress *Pics*

Dingo

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Somewhere near Springfield, Ma
Just thought I'd share. The foot print is 8x8, the tallest wall is 5' 5", I am 5' 0" so it's tall enough for me to stand comfortably. The shortest wall is a hair above 36". This will be the turkey house for the next month until they're sent to freezer camp, then the girls will move in.
It will have two egg doors, two doors out to the run area, a large door for me to clean the run and a door for me to enter the coop.
I am going to lay down some sheet vinyl on both the coop floor and the run, the run will have sand the coop will be leaves and shavings.
The angled board at the corner was used to keep it square.

Floor is done.

Time for a wall

Today, roof sheathing is up, walls are done.

Just need to finish the roof, make the doors and finish one section of fencing. I may go over the garden fence with chicken wire just to keep them from sticking their heads through.

That's how it stands now, I am going to toss a tarp over the roof and hope for the best with Sandy moving through in a few days and I'm not going to have a chance to work on it again before then.

It is looking fantactic. I love the rustic look to it with the boards. I cant wait to see more pics.

Last edited:
Roof is up, it was not easy with the slope of the roof.

The sheets of metal buckled a little as I was going along so I'm going to fill the spaces with tar caulk.

Also got the floor cover in, not the vinyl sheeting I wanted but beggars mustn't be choosers.

Inside, I need to figure something out about the gaps between the boards, thoughts?

The other side.

I'm thinking I'll cover the whole ceiling in hardware cloth or chicken wire and leave the gaps between the sheathing open for ventilation. Or I could fill them with that foam gap sealer.

Roof is up, it was not easy with the slope of the roof. 

The sheets of metal buckled a little as I was going along so I'm going to fill the spaces with tar caulk.

Also got the floor cover in, not the vinyl sheeting I wanted but beggars mustn't be choosers.

Inside, I need to figure something out about the gaps between the boards, thoughts?

The other side.

I'm thinking I'll cover the whole ceiling in hardware cloth or chicken wire and leave the gaps between the sheathing open for ventilation. Or I could fill them with that foam gap sealer.

I wouldn't think the spaces are too big to be a problem. Ventilation is a good thing, but I am in a much milder climate.

Some of the gaps aren't too bad, I'm sure if I just paint it they'll be pretty well sealed but there are a couple I need to cover.
I got the door mostly done, and one nest box door done. I'll try to get more pics up on Wednesday.

Looking good
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom