Niacin or Mineral Supplements - which are good

rakeshkarthik

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

Just to give you my background. I am a new duck dad living in Indonesia, and I currently have four ducks, two of which are 6 weeks old and the other two are 2 weeks old. They have been raised separately, and I have had some issues in the past with ducklings dying after three weeks. Thanks to the advice from this community, I was able to feed them niacin/vitamin B, and now they are all healthy and active.

Recently, I visited a bird store near my town and purchased a Mineral mix for ducklings (attached photo). The seller informed me that it is good for egg production, feather growth, feet, and bones, and it can be fed to ducklings that are above 3 weeks old. The instruction ratio is to mix 1 gram of minerals with 50gm duck feed.

My question is, since this mix contains vitamin B (as shown in the second picture), is it enough as a niacin supplement for my ducks, or should I also add niacin mix to their feed? I am concerned about overdosing the ducklings, so any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• minerals.jpeg
    minerals.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 30
  • Mineral mix.jpg
    Mineral mix.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi everyone,

Just to give you my background. I am a new duck dad living in Indonesia, and I currently have four ducks, two of which are 6 weeks old and the other two are 2 weeks old. They have been raised separately, and I have had some issues in the past with ducklings dying after three weeks. Thanks to the advice from this community, I was able to feed them niacin/vitamin B, and now they are all healthy and active.

Recently, I visited a bird store near my town and purchased a Mineral mix for ducklings (attached photo). The seller informed me that it is good for egg production, feather growth, feet, and bones, and it can be fed to ducklings that are above 3 weeks old. The instruction ratio is to mix 1 gram of minerals with 50gm duck feed.

My question is, since this mix contains vitamin B (as shown in the second picture), is it enough as a niacin supplement for my ducks, or should I also add niacin mix to their feed? I am concerned about overdosing the ducklings, so any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Hi @rakeshkarthik

The mineral mix does not contain niacin. It contains B12 which is an entirely different Vitamin. Niacin is Vitamin B3. Please continue to give your ducklings niacin as it is essential for their healthy growth and development

Hi @rakeshkarthik

The mineral mix does not contain niacin. It contains B12 which is an entirely different Vitamin. Niacin is Vitamin B3. Please continue to give your ducklings niacin as it is essential for their healthy growth and development
Wow, that's Something new. Sure, thanks for this valuable information.🥹

Back
Top Bottom