Night light for heating small coop

DeesHens

Songster
12 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Hi everyone. I am sorry but I just cannot keep up with you all. LOL Amazingly fast thread. I will try to catch up but I am already 12 pages behind and it just keeps growing. My eyes are giving me fits trying to read so much so I am afraid I will just have to pace myself. Using this bigger print does help and so I hope it doesn't bother anyone else.

Anyway, hoping someone here will have some knowledge to us out.

We are figuring a way to keep Betsy Barr Rock warm in her tractor coop as the nights are getting colder. As some of you know she is flying solo now since her coop mate, Gemini, was killed by a raccoon a few weeks back.

I know it isn't the best situation to only have one chicken but she seems to be coping better now. So having said that I am hopeful I can get her through the winter. I will be getting BA chicks this spring.

My DH found a unique (to us anyway) light bulb for reptiles that we think may be just the ticket. When DH made the chicken tractor he wired in a light socket that we can run a heavy outdoor extension cord from the garage to energize it. Also has a dimmer switch so we can regulate it. Wondering if a lightbulb like used for reptiles would work for a chicken???

Here is the info: Is there any reason this would not be good for a chicken too? Thanks so much for your input. ~Dee~

75 WATT A19 BLACKLIGHT PET LAMP OPERATES IN STANDARD HOUSEHOLD FIXTURES AND PET HABITATS - Bulborama pet light bulbs keep pets feeling healthy in their natural cozy habitat. Supra Life Blacklight Pet Lamps provide a mild source of heat for reptiles and last up to 4 times longer than standard lamps. With high UVB output, Blacklight pet light bulbs improve color and health of reptiles, last up to 10,000 hours, and simulate a nighttime moonlight environment.

http://www.bulborama.com/75-WATT-A1...EPTILE-LIGHT-BULB-p841.html?AdID=1396--P80903

Ooops! I am sorry. I didn't do it right did I? LOL
I meant this to be posted in Washington posts.
Sorry moderators/admin. people.
Can you move this for me?
It won't happen again.
I learned my lesson.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom