No eggs, 20 weeks old.

so my girl have red coombs..... NO eggs yet, still on grower. Should I offer oyster? And do I do that mixed with the feed or separate? My first flock
1f414.png
1f61c.png

You can offer the oyster shell separately in a bowl. It isn't too imperative until you see that first egg. Should be soon.

my pullets are about 24 weeks old. No eggs yet. I guess I made a mistake by feeding them lay mash at about 15 weeks old, Is this the reason they have not started laying?

Feeding layer food should not affect when they lay. Did you mention what breed they are? I've had pullets lay their first egg anywhere from four months five days old to over 8 months old (That last drove me crazy.)

I have two delewares and two red pullets? I looked at their combs this morning. The delewares are bright red. I am expecting an egg any day! anticipation!!
thank you for replying to my question.

I have 5 birds that just passed 19 weeks, and no eggs yet.. 2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Black 1 Easter Egger, and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte.. My anticipation is so high, I check multiple times a day!! Good luck to you, and please let us know when you do get that first egg!

So I have 9 chickens that are 20 weeks old that I have raised since 3 days old and no one has laid eggs. I have: 1 leghorn, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 Delawares, 2 rhode islands, 2 Americaunas. I have them on a quality layer feed, I offer grit and oyster shells, they free range on 1/2 an acre everyday. I also bought those fake ceramic eggs to put in their nesting boxes (12 boxes total). I just don't know!!! Is it possible for every single one to be a dud?!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
What on earth am I doing wrong? What more can I do? One of the Delawares slept in a nesting box last night instead of the roost with the rest so I skipped out this morning to be disappointed, this ones been making a lot of noise too.
Hello, Just relax...Your doing things just fine...They will lay once ready...Eggs will come...Once your pullets combs and wattles redden up and the squat when approached by you...An egg is coming within the week...They will sleep in nest boxes if not ready to lay...Sometimes even when laying...
I know your excited but believe me, they will lay eggs...Wait another few weeks..

Good luck...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom