No eggs for 5 full months!

Deepfriedbeauty

Songster
9 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
My Coop
My Coop
I have two 2.5 year old Faverolles that slowed their egg production back in May. The last egg that was laid by one of them was during the first week of June. They appear to be healthy. Their combs are nice and red, they aren't molting, and there is no signs of egg yolk peritonitis. I did add 3 new girls in September, but that was already 3 months into this not laying business. I had a Blue Copper Maran that had egg yolk peritonitis that I had gotten from the same farm. Any chance this farmer is raising some duds? I've tried so many things with zero results. I am just wondering if it is safe to stop worrying about them and just have them as nonproductive pets.

I wish there was a chance, but there's not. My yard is super tiny. Also we have gone out of town more than once and they have stayed in their coop/run. I don't think there's a whimper of a chance they can be hiding them.

Mine stopped laying so I went to Murdocks Farm n Ranch Supply and talked with a guy in the chicken feed department. He suggested giving them electrolytes in their water. I did and that must have been the problem! In three days they were laying again.

My hens quit laying for a couple of weeks. I went to Murdoch's Farm and Ranch Supply and talked to a guy in the chicken feed department. He suggested giving them electrolytes in their water. That must have been the issue! They were laying regularly again within three days!

The chicken feed guy at Murdoch's Farm n Ranch Supply suggested giving mine electrolytes in their water. I did and within three days they were laying regularly again! WOOHOO!

One of my Auracanas quit laying after she laid a really huge egg! I'm afraid she may have hurt herself. I mean it was my hand full. Biggest egg I've ever seen! Any ideas? She's not that old so I can't imagine it is time for her to be done laying.

Back
Top Bottom