WannaBeHillBilly

Addict
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi friends,
wanted to do something good for the Duckies and install an additional tarp at their house to protect them better from horizontal rain.
Walked on one of our detached decks to retrieve the tarp the previous owner used for the hot tub, a part of the floor collapsed and I fell down 12 feet! Broke me left leg three times, became hypothermic while crawling back to the house (wife was in the basement) and will spend Christmas in the hospital...
JPEG_20181223_224659_8395956829067814075.jpg :barnie
Told my wife not to go and collect the eggs in the duck house and not to herd the ducks in because the ground is muddy and slippery and if she falls and breaks something she will be all alone... But she's afraid that the eggs go bad, will be broken and eaten by the ducks and the ducks will be eaten by the tyrannosaurus lurking around the house at night...
Will eggs go bad in the duck house this time of the year? They might freeze, but only slightly.
Can the Duckies survive a cold night outside their house? - They might be too stubborn to go in by themselves...
And my wife may be too stubborn too...
:oops:

12 feet?!?!?! What type of deck!! Oh my goodness, glad to hear you're alive and in one piece! "Refrigerated eggs should not be out of the fridge for more than 2 hours. Once they are lowered to fridge temperature, they must remain cool." Someone correct me if I'm wrong, the eggs should be ok overnight as long as they don't heat up tomorrow. It is also perfectly safe to freeze eggs, they're just then better for hard boiling because the yolk thickens up inside. Personal taste preference. If you think your ducks are safe from your local predators and it won't drop below 20 degrees F then they will also be fine. Foxes are a big issue at night though and anything below 20 degree could cause frostbite. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a very merry christmas!

Hi friends,
wanted to do something good for the Duckies and install an additional tarp at their house to protect them better from horizontal rain.
Walked on one of our detached decks to retrieve the tarp the previous owner used for the hot tub, a part of the floor collapsed and I fell down 12 feet! Broke me left leg three times, became hypothermic while crawling back to the house (wife was in the basement) and will spend Christmas in the hospital...
View attachment 1623320
Told my wife not to go and collect the eggs in the duck house and not to herd the ducks in because the ground is muddy and slippery and if she falls and breaks something she will be all alone... But she's afraid that the eggs go bad, will be broken and eaten by the ducks and the ducks will be eaten by the tyrannosaurus lurking around the house at night...
Will eggs go bad in the duck house this time of the year? They might freeze, but only slightly.
Can the Duckies survive a cold night outside their house? - They might be too stubborn to go in by themselves...
And my wife may be too stubborn too...
:oops:
What!!! Oh..no. Broken in three places?? Hypothermia??
What the heck hillbilly. :barnie
I suppose I could say it could of been worse but man I don’t even want to think about it.
Seriously so happy to see you posting. :D
I’ll say prayers for a complete and speedy recovery .... we’re here Iffin you need to vent. All in all your one lucky dude!
Best wishes.
Merry Christmas ~ right?

Back
Top Bottom