No One Told Me This About Baby Ducks

This is what would happen whenever I left their sight while we were outside noodling around - just after they moved from the brooder to their big house. They now spend nights in the pen I made in the walkout basement. They still call for me when they miss me.

Nobody told me how complex and sophisticated their communication and relationships are.
Nobody told me that I would lose my mind and never miss it from the moment they arrived.
Nobody told me that I would not be able to give up trying to understand everything about how to keep them happy and safe.
Nobody told me the joy that I would experience with their first eggs, and their remarkable abilities (Rowena now herds the Runners into their night pen, and Zwei breaks up conflicts, for example).
I love the video!!!

When I got my eggs I was thinking I would give a few to some friends when they hatched, Now, no way I love them all and they are too connected to each other also

Mine are in the album in my signature. ..always
big_smile.png

This was put up by a lazy guy on a phone... But I had a little time at the computer and here are some previously unreleased 'ling pics from my flock:

Tella and Ettie don't have any 'ling pictures as they were in full adult feathers when we got them.

Here is Dove doing a rubber chicken imitation...

Here is Entie in the opposite Runner configuration from Dove...

Greta:

Kaine

Completely inseparable, Noir and Mystique.

Here they are again where you can see Noir's face... Yes she is alive...

Pocahontas

Rhiannon

Roxette

That other duck... don't remember his name right now
wink.png

Last edited:
This was put up by a lazy guy on a phone... But I had a little time at the computer and here are some previously unreleased 'ling pics from my flock: Tella and Ettie don't have any 'ling pictures as they were in full adult feathers when we got them. Here is Dove doing a rubber chicken imitation... Here is Entie in the opposite Runner configuration from Dove... Greta: Kaine Completely inseparable, Noir and Mystique. Here they are again where you can see Noir's face... Yes she is alive... Pocahontas Rhiannon Roxette That other duck... don't remember his name right now ;)
They are all precious! That "other duck" is pretty cute too! Great pics. :)

Tevyes Dad
The rubber duck impersonation is priceless! Is 'that other duck' an inside joke ... Do I dare ask what its story is?
The "other duck" is indeed kind of an inside joke. Most of the people who were on this thread when I posted it know who he is. His name is Tevye and is known by name to several members more so than the rest of my flock. He gets featured a lot because he is kind of strange and this causes him to do lots of weird things some of which I catch on camera. Also I just recently changed my screen name so me not knowing his name even for a second would be ludicrous.
big_smile.png

For a giggle, check out my Tevye album under my profile
wink.png

Last edited:
The "other duck" is indeed kind of an inside joke. Most of the people who were on this thread when I posted it know who he is. His name is Tevye and is known by name to several members more so than the rest of my flock. He gets featured a lot because he is kind of strange and this causes him to do lots of weird things some of which I catch on camera. Also I just recently changed my screen name so me not knowing his name even for a second would be ludicrous.
big_smile.png

For a giggle, check out my Tevye album under my profile
wink.png

If they're anything like the tomato video I CANT WAIT!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom