Nope!

Quote:
How very sweet...great photo. what is the black stuff you have in the bottom of it and does it help to leave the eggs in a carton to hatch - or is this just preference?

I am fairly new to all this and I ask lots of questions.

The black is thin foam it is to keep the little toes from getting caught in the hatch basket. I have them in cut down cartons because the newly hatched chicks stumble around and knock the other eggs around. It is great to ask questions that is the only way to learn.
wink.png

Darn it... I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO but my chicks won't be due to hatch until June 3rd! I won an earlier auction for hatching eggs, but received a refund when the breeder didn't have the eggs available, because her hens didn't cooperate. I then had to win another auction to get the BLRW eggs I wanted from another seller. Anyway, it looks like the delay has kept me from entering the contest.
sad.png

Well I will post pictures later. I put seven eggs in. They all developed and only 3 hatched. Today is day 22.

I left the vent partially open the whole time, and did the dry hatch method. My temp was right on, I filled the bottom with water on day 18.
Any ideas on why I had such a low hatch rate? I was too slow on taking the incubator off the auto turner. On day 20 on the eggs pipped and was still in the turner. So I took it off and ended up with 2 chicks completely hatched in the morning and the other was stuck after trying to hatch for over 24 hours so I had to help him out.

Should I leave the eggs in there for any longer?? Or is day 22 pretty much it for these eggs?

Quote:
6 chicks out, 3 more pipped!!
jumpy.gif
and this is only day 19...just went into lockdown yesterday. So far, 5 mixed banties (part white crested black polish) and 1 buff orpington.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Mmmaddie13 wrote:
Well I can't do this hatch along now because none of my eggs hatched. One zipped and died but that's it. The temperature and humidity gauges were inaccurate. Not very happy with my brand new brinsea.

Oh No!! That is not good. I do hope you figure out the quirks, or brinsea gives you the support you need to have your next hatch be excellent.

Sheesh - now I am extra nervous! Locked down but no moving, shaking or peeping yet. Due out Sunday or Monday......
Could everything be ok still in my new brinsea???​

Back
Top Bottom