Normal cere....?

I really doubt it is the feeder. It looks like a disease to me. The swelling is caused by a nasal infection.

If your birds have other symptoms that may help narrow down which disease but it is really hard to figure out what disease a bird has. It is usually cheaper to just start over.

I bet it's my feeder. It's a rabbit feeder with 1/2" hardware cloth kinda over the opening so they don't flip out the food all over. It's probably from pecking through the wire. I recently got a different brand of food that is more powdery and doesn't move through the feeder like the crumbles. I bet these two are just trying to peck through it more. All the others seem fine. I may have to change feeders until I can buy the crumbles again. The feeder set up that way work great though, I hardly have any waste.

I use a similar feeder - rabbit feeder with 1x2 inch wire inside. I have occasionally had birds with some blood across the bridge of their nose. I figured they hurt themselves on some of the sharp edges of the feeder or wire. It usually heals up and does not leave a bump as in your pictures, though.

Back
Top Bottom