Norman the Rooster

Here's a couple more, featuring grapes the chicken

Jeez. Hey again guys. I see you all heard about my poor phone - I made the mistake of taking it to a beach on Kauai a while back, and let's just say the pacific ocean is not a particularly ideal environment for an iPhone. In any case - here I am apologizing ONCE AGAIN for my absence. Life has had a funny way of getting very busy and very distracting these days - not at all in a bad way, thankfully. In any case, I will - once again - try to get back in the swing of updating you guys with photos and such more regularly. For a while this will probably be by means of my dear @zephyricle 's smartphone camera as it will likely be a while until I can afford a new phone beyond the flip phone I am using in the meantime.

As my lovely girlfriend shared with you, Norman and Norma are still doing well. Norma is in the middle of a full molt, god knows why - she had a mini molt back in fall but it was hardly noticeable, however she is currently in the midst of a molt nearly as hard as Norman's was last year. I tried once again this past month to incubate a couple of Norma's eggs, but once again I have had no luck hatching them. I am basically certain at this point I will have to AI them because Norman is TOO much of a gentleman. I am planning on doing this at SOME point but I've been putting it off for the main reason that of all the gross and weird poultry-related things I've done in my life, that is by far going to be the grossest and weirdest. Norman is basically my son, lol!

Oh, and I see Grapes has made a cameo appearance.
smile.png
I will admit she's nearly as cute as Norman is!
lol.png

I hope you approve of my posting of norman's FLATTERING eyelashes. (I love taking terrible photos. It's my forte.)

I'm aware babe. I still have those awful photos of ME you thought it would hilarious to take last week on my flip phone.

My little OEGB cockerel is also too much of a gentleman. If the hen makes any fuss at all, he lets go.

Silly boys. I love a good, respectful cockerel but these guys are taking it just a little TOO far. I want fertility too, lol!

This really cracked me up! Great to hear from you, @QueenMisha .

It's good to be back.

Thanks for the update and pics! Sorry about the phone
sad.png

I too am pleased to hear that all is well
clap.gif

I will miss that phone... had it three years, dropped it a million times, and it was still working like a champ! It's demise was untimely, I tell you.

Back
Top Bottom