North Carolina

My roosters crow all day ...
I've never had one that just kept crowing all day, if I had two they would have battles all day but when I usually only have one they'll only crow a few times in the morning and a few times at night. It doesn't bother me at all but I'm not sure how the neighbors are feeling about it haha
lau.gif

Wanted to share the new mini roost for our spoiled Silkie.
Looks like Chuck the Bi-lingual chicken. When (5pinkbunnies) brought him here she said that he speaks duck & chicken. The boys have grown attached to him, and have gotten him 4 little girls just last weekend to keep him company.
love.gif
I will have to get some pics reall soon to share.

Luke; ours call to each other, and answer... also other roos in the area that they can hear, (sound carries down the blue line district).

I have gotten an egg in an egg before, I just didn't get to see it. I sent in all sizes and colors of eggs for my DDs preschool class to see and sent in what I thought was a double yolker. Well the teacher said that it was an egg with a yolk with a tiny egg inside, nothing was in the tiny egg. So I had one but didn't see it
sad.png
, but the preschoolers were es-tactic about the eggs, so I was happy.

I have gotten an egg in an egg before, I just didn't get to see it. I sent in all sizes and colors of eggs for my DDs preschool class to see and sent in what I thought was a double yolker. Well the teacher said that it was an egg with a yolk with a tiny egg inside, nothing was in the tiny egg. So I had one but didn't see it
sad.png
, but the preschoolers were es-tactic about the eggs, so I was happy.
I know they had to just love it! We have sent in eggs and feathers in a zip lock, and other things like that. It makes me happy to be able to share these things. One time we sent a handful of white feathers that had been washed and looked alike, but one was a duck feather. My son knew which one was different, and that water beaded on it, but the others had fun figuring it out! He also felt spacial be able to share and tell about his birds. At one school we even took, Diva, an Ameraucana. They really enjoyed being able to touch her plumage. Some of these children never get to experience wild life or nature, you are awesome for sharing and I applaud you!
wee.gif

I really hope Jacob enjoys Kindergarten this year. We have open house tonight. I should take a nap, but, "No rest for...." I went out and turned the soil in the boggy run this morning, and dusted it with diatomatious earth. I also tried to get a few shots of the newbies!

Last edited:
Chick hatch update: I have officially seen 5 chicks so far!!
celebrate.gif
2 "cream" colored ones, 1 cream/grey, 1 grey and 1 black w/a brown head. I am thinking there are more, but mama isn't helping me get a closer look and she definitely was NOT having a camera near her!! LOL.

Baby update: For those of you who were asking...thank you!! I went to the doctors with the little one and they told me good news & bad news. Good news is she does NOT have chickenpox or hand/foot/mouth; however, she does have "something" viral. The originally thought she had a zinc deficiency (common in BF babies) but her age (4mo) didn't match up with the age range of that particular one. Thus the bad news: they have NO idea what she has. I am to keep her "comfortable" and see how she does in the coming days watching for worsening of the rash/blisters and making sure she doesn't spike a fever!! Sometimes I just loathe modern medicine - they leave you with less than what you came in with!! LOL.

NH- I'm so sorry about your little one. I hate that doctors can never give answers, I mean shouldn't they know all about illness! Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way :hugs

Does anyone here sell and ship SQ blue cochins hatching eggs? A friend of mine just lost her entire flock to a drunk neighbor with a gun :rant :he :mad:. If you do please let me know price and shipping! Thank you.

NH- I'm so sorry about your little one. I hate that doctors can never give answers, I mean shouldn't they know all about illness! Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way
hugs.gif

Does anyone here sell and ship SQ blue cochins hatching eggs? A friend of mine just lost her entire flock to a drunk neighbor with a gun
rant.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
. If you do please let me know price and shipping! Thank you.
barnie.gif
Boy that is a new one for me

barnie.gif
Boy that is a new one for me
X2 for me! Thats sad though.

I finally have one of those super duper sweet roosters!! Too bad hes too little to be in charge of my big girls. My new Serama boy, Thanks to Tricia(Henthymes), feeds individual pieces of food and special snacks to his girl (he even tried to feed me a cricket he found but I politely insisted it go to his girl
lau.gif
), he stands guard at the nesting box while she lays her egg, and has the cutest little crow ever!!

Sweet little girl, Im stuck on names for them. I want something that will match.

He is missing some feathers but is still adorable
love.gif

I've never had one that just kept crowing all day, if I had two they would have battles all day but when I usually only have one they'll only crow a few times in the morning and a few times at night. It doesn't bother me at all but I'm not sure how the neighbors are feeling about it haha
lau.gif
ours crow all day long....they start around 5 am and keep it up till dusk.......and my neighbors loves em
celebrate.gif

Quote: X2 for me! Thats sad though.

I finally have one of those super duper sweet roosters!! Too bad hes too little to be in charge of my big girls. My new Serama boy, Thanks to Tricia(Henthymes), feeds individual pieces of food and special snacks to his girl (he even tried to feed me a cricket he found but I politely insisted it go to his girl
lau.gif
), he stands guard at the nesting box while she lays her egg, and has the cutest little crow ever!!

Sweet little girl, Im stuck on names for them. I want something that will match.

He is missing some feathers but is still adorable
love.gif
Romeo and juliet Cricket and ladybug Peter and cottontail Dr. Pepper(or peeper) and Sprite

Back
Top Bottom