North Carolina

Roger(shook poultry) had a bunch of POL pullets that sold last weekend. He may still have some white leghorns, but not sure. Get the number off his site and call.

I think his next expected batch of POL pullets is in May and are Gold Comets. You can't beat $7 each. You sure can't raise them for that price. I would highly recommend roger's birds. The only thing I don't like is that the POL pullets are debeaked. It is the 1/3 debeak. Not the 1/2 or 2/3 you see in production egg layers that are stuck in cages. 1/3 debeaked birds can live a fairly normal life, but I still don't like it. That is just my opinion and preference.

Matt
thanks Matt and yea that was my problem with them to but are you the same Matt that helps with Chickenstock and if so do you maybe know a date for that

Roger(shook poultry) had a bunch of POL pullets that sold last weekend. He may still have some white leghorns, but not sure. Get the number off his site and call.

I think his next expected batch of POL pullets is in May and are Gold Comets. You can't beat $7 each. You sure can't raise them for that price. I would highly recommend roger's birds. The only thing I don't like is that the POL pullets are debeaked. It is the 1/3 debeak. Not the 1/2 or 2/3 you see in production egg layers that are stuck in cages. 1/3 debeaked birds can live a fairly normal life, but I still don't like it. That is just my opinion and preference.

Matt
Agree!!!!!!!

Scott

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Had a great time Saturday with some of the grandbabies
at the dinosaur exhibit at the Crown Coliseum. It was a
good show but very crowded, which was expected. The kids
had a ball playing in the bounce houses and I think they
might have even wore themselves out just a bit. Kids can
have so much energy and enthusiasm.............wish I did.
roll.png

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Thinking about getting a 6x8 coop from Stateline Builders. It has a wood floor. What do most of you use on the floor. I use pine shavings in my little coops.
I would put a linoleum like covering on the floor before I did anything else.. Makes it easier to clean and even hose out if need be. But that's just me and my own preferences....have fun. I am excited for you. I want another coop..not a big one but I want about 4 more chickens and I can't bring myself to crowd my ladies...

Thinking about getting a 6x8 coop from Stateline Builders. It has a wood floor. What do most of you use on the floor. I use pine shavings in my little coops.
My girls are in an 8X16 cabin with a wood floor. I have been using pine shavings about 4 in. deep. It has been great. I clean up poop every day, so I have no problem.

Sounds pretty!
My last coop had wood floors & I covered it with vinyl flooring left from when we did our kitchen. It was easy to clean, except in the corners against the walls.

My one right now doesn't have a floor. It's like a 6'x6'x6' cabin or shed, but I never put a floor in it, just put it right into the ground. I put down pine bedding, but it's pretty pointless because they all sleep up on the roosts. Makes it way easy to rake out when it's right on the dirt.

Sounds pretty!
My last coop had wood floors & I covered it with vinyl flooring left from when we did our kitchen.  It was easy to clean, except in the corners against the walls.

My one right now doesn't have a floor.  It's like a 6'x6'x6' cabin or shed, but I never put a floor in it, just put it right into the ground.  I put down pine bedding, but it's pretty pointless because they all sleep up on the roosts.  Makes it way easy to rake out when it's right on the dirt.
I have dirt floors in my bigger houses, too. Keeps rats and skunks and such from moving in underneath. My small coops in the breeding pens are on stilts, so nothing can move in under. They have hardware cloth floors. I'm a bit paranoid about space for "things that want to eat chickens or eggs" living under my henhouses.

I would put a linoleum like covering on the floor before I did anything else..   Makes it easier to clean and even hose out if need be.   But that's just me and my own preferences....have fun. I am excited for you. I want another coop..not a big one but I want about 4 more chickens and I can't bring myself to crowd my ladies...

X2.

Back
Top Bottom