North Carolina

Where are you located?
I may be interested in some of the pullets if you aren't too far
I am in Sanford, which is between Raleigh and Fayetteville. Right now I just have chicks, the ones from the fertility test hatched last Friday and more are hatching right now. I will be selling some and growing some out.

You SO need to post pictures of these babies! Pleeeeeze
LOL! Ohhh twist my arm! I will take pics tonight.
big_smile.png

Ok.....you got my attention.......just how blue are those eggs going to be?
Well, that is yet to be determined. I am thinking/hoping just a shade or two lighter than the rooster's mom.
Speaking of egg color, I need to take pics of the eggs I got last night. Two are a beautiful olive - like yours and one is a pink/purple. I don't think the camera will capture the true color but I am going to try. My hubby who already thinks I am nuts, had his fears confirmed when I saw the pink/purple egg.
lau.gif

Hey yea I'm supper excited about my future girls and if you go to chicken stock would you be willing to part with two of those leghorn ameraucana pullets would love to ad some color to my flocks egg production
That is a good possiblilty. It depends on the date. It would be fun to go. AND, if I have someone who wants pullets then I have to go!
lol.png

I can see a trade happening here!
lau.gif

hide.gif
. If I remember right CSB has both Blue and Black Coppers!!

Scott
I have purchased hatching eggs from CSB - highly recommend! I previously had Blue Coppers - I highly recommend them.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I can see the hatching bug is starting to come out
of it's winter resting lair. It seems lots of folks have some
plans for chickens this year and some of those plans are
going to be interesting to see.
wink.png

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif
My favorite time of the year!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Have an awesome day everyone!!!

Happy to report the rest of the day was completely uneventful.  Molly's pupils have finally started to respond to the treatment.  She still isn't eating or drinking, but will at least swallow when water is syringed into her mouth.  Spending tonight at the vet for supervision - and likely tomorrow and the next night at least.

The boys are working on the worlds longest sleep - which in light of everything else is kinda nice.  At least their bodies are working hard at getting better.  As for me, I'm going to curl up by the fire with a nice cup of tea and a good book and reflect on the many ways God has blessed us even throughout the days trials.

Molly was only injured - not killed.  Despite not being able to find her last night, she was chilled enough to slow down the hemorrhaging in her brain but not enough to kill her.  She is responding to treatment.  We actually have money in the bank to pay the vet with.  Cell phone was found.  Despite one car getting stuck in the mud, the other one was eventually up and running.  Thankful we had a battery charger on hand to use.  Was able to buy the groceries we needed and both boys ate something healthy despite being nauseated.  No one has thrown up since this morning.  The youngers only have the flu, and the oldest had the sense to get to a doctor and get antibiotics.  I'm not 100% but at least I'm not fully feverish.  The cat didn't get stuck in the ductwork somewhere that she couldn't be gotten out of.  Both boys are sleeping peacefully so I can get the house clean and make an attempt at de-stressing.  Hubby gets home tomorrow afternoon/evening.  Life is never as bad as it appears.

Best of all - I have you guys to talk to when things get too much.  Thank you all for your support today!  Good night all!

Banriona, glad things are looking up.

Lindz, sorry about our chicks!  That really stinks.

Someone (sorry it was a few pages back) asked if anyone uses Beaver Bag Shavings.  They are awesome.  I got them once from the feed store and then they stopped carrying them...  I have started buying shavings in bulk along with a neighbor who has a horse. 

My coops all have wooden floors and I use shavings on them.  I put outdoor plywood over the standard floor so it won't rot like regular plywood. 

A few folks asked about started pullets, I have a few I need to sell.  They are EE and brown egg layers, hatched end of May and middle of June.  I think I am too far from anyone who asked but wanted to mention it.  I also have a few lavender ameraucanas started pullets and roos.

For the person getting leghorns, I love mine!!! I never thought I wanted white egg layers.  These were raised by small children in a subdivision that doesn't allow chickens.  When the neighbors complained they had to get rid of them.  I think they are calm because of the kids.  They are egg laying machines.  There are 6 and they all lay almost every day.  They seem to be laying better in the cold than they did in the heat.  I am actually crossing them with my Blue Wheaten Splash Ameraucana to make super blue egg layers.  The first four have hatched and more are pipped.  They all have cute little beards and muffs and look like they will develop spots. I love hatching!  :love

Oh!  I am so excited, yesterday I picked up a (used) GQF incubator!!!  I still have to disinfect it, test it and receive the egg trays I ordered.  Then watch out I plan to do lots of hatching!  LOL.  :weee

Sanford is not too far. I would love some lavender birds for my flock.

Last edited:
Well, both wee boys are doing great this morning! Full of energy and back to asking for food/drink and hugs/kisses CONSTANTLY! Happy mommy! Even managed to convince them to do most of their chores this morning. Leaving in half an hour to go pick up hubs from the airport. Managed to get some dishes and laundry done this morning as well as some computer work and a little reading. Off to a good start!

Still no eggs from my girls though, but only one of them is of age so far. She needs to get a move on - I've worked long and hard for this dangit! lol

Looking forward to my spring order of chicks next month. So far planning on a couple Polish, some Speckled Sussex, a pair or so of Delawares to replace the two I lost, and then some ???? I'm open to suggestions. Only real requirement is that they get along with me and the kids as well as each other, preferrably forage well and lay at least 2-3 eggs a week or more. Pretty helps too. :)

Lindz hope things are perking up for you!!

Enjoy your day folks!

Lindz hope things are perking up for you!!
Everyone seems to be feeling half-way decent although the baby has finally gotten a snotty nose.... Flu test yesterday on DD#2 who is 3 came back negative as did her repeat strep test! Looks like the little 2 may just have bad colds! DD#1 (7yrs), and DS (6yrs) are both back at school, although maybe not 100%yet they aren't running fevers anymore and are feeling a little better. Thank you for asking! So glad your little ones are feeling better!

Back
Top Bottom