North Carolina

In case anyone is interested, I sent an email to Ideal poultry asking about their Ameraucana's.  Wanted to know if they were pure Ameraucana or EE.  Here's the email I got in return:

"Jennifer—

The Ameraucanas that we have are purebred, but we do not separate them according to color, which means they are not recognized always as a particular color.

Thank you,

Julie Eason"
. That's a mighty convoluted way of saying they are EEs!

Quote: Thinking the same thing.

Abso-positive-lutely.......EE no matter how you dress them up
gig.gif

Welcome aboard trailhound! (and any other newbies I missed since I've been on so little lately)

Headed back to Pittsburgh this week. DH's grandmother passed away, so we're headed up for a couple days of funeralling. Hope I don't lose any more chickens this time!

In case anyone is interested, I sent an email to Ideal poultry asking about their Ameraucana's. Wanted to know if they were pure Ameraucana or EE. Here's the email I got in return:

"Jennifer—

The Ameraucanas that we have are purebred, but we do not separate them according to color, which means they are not recognized always as a particular color.

Thank you,

Julie Eason
"

So there you have it. We got ours from the Southern States in Asheboro that orders from Ideal. She is a fantastic bird, she got off to a rough start bullying her way up the pecking order but once everyone let her rule the roost she calmed down considerably. Gives me an egg a day six days a week.

This is the great conundrum with Ameraucanas. Technically, they are purebred when it comes to genetics but not according to the SOP.

There are two ways to look at them.

If you look at them as a breed all ameraucanas lay blue/green eggs, have peacombs, and slate color legs. If they come from a mix of purebred AMS they should ALL have at least those qualities.

If you look at them according to the SOP established by breeders they would be EEs.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Going to be a Brrrrr day......... I just may break out
a sweater for today. I had hoped to have them packed
away by now. The house hen seems no worse but no
better either......I think she has moved in. The cats
think I'm nuts......they are more than likely right.
lau.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Gm! I'm ready for warm weather .. to stay... My allergies seem to enjoy reminding me how they feel about spring.. its always the worse at beginning of the season ..so with the crazy weather this yr allergies flare ..then go away.. then flare .. u get the picture.. lol.. but on a house chicken note.. son has had his silkie he's taking to Winston Salem inside for a couple weeks .. people think we r crazy too..then last night expecting colder than we had we put the heat lights on the seramas and put one in crate in garage..in this process he decides our tiny Serama nuggett needed to come in with his silkie bc they are friends and they tend to stay together.. they haven't seen each other in a couple weeks he let them have a sleepover...lol.. they actually seemed happy to see each other.. now there is a rooster crowing in my house this started about 530 am. Lol...somebody's going back out shortly.lol..so we r crazy too...our cat has always known ..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom