North Carolina

so I know a lot of times there are about monthly flock swaps here in NC. since today is june first I KNOW there had to be one coming up!

ive come to the conclusion I have to sell one of my beautiful 6 month old roos......they fight all the time and thought it would be fun to fight with their daddy today while free ranging. I want to know the trick of the trade from you all to how you can keep so many roos together? LOL

anyways, I need to get some information on the upcoming swap......do I need to be registered?

Its been quite a chaotic week...
barnie.gif
I work at a wedding venue on Friday and Saturday evenings. Well on Friday, my mom was on her way to pick me up (since alas, I'm still to young to have my license) and she was down the road from my work and got hit by a deer. The whole front in of her car is smashed in (there was no way to avoid the deer. It was a windy dark road and it jumped out in front of her)and long story short, we were stuck on the side of the road until 2:00 in the morning.. Well we finally got home by 3:00 in the morning and I had to be at practice bright in the morning at 9:00... Practice until 1:00, get to work by 1:30 and work until 12:00. It's been quite long. And I have final exams coming up. Haha.

Needless to say, I'm just glad we have a work truck for the ranch!

Annnnnnyways welcome anyone who is new!

Has anyone had Seramas before? I'm just curious because my mom has decided she likes having the extremes in chickens haha. We have some Jersey Giant pullets and our orpingtons are pretty giants too. Well when she found out how small Seramas are, she is interested. Just curious who has had them and where you got them?

We do birthday parties with our horses and having the really small Seramas down at the barn for kids to look at would be great!

Beth (BHep) is the Serama Queen around these parts.

Hope insurance covers the car. Glad your mom is okay.

Hope insurance covers the car. Glad your mom is okay.
Thanks Meg!

The insurance is suppose to cover it all since it was not a collision, but a deer. I'm so glad she's okay too! Not a scratch on her.
Oh and I managed to find a chocolate pair from the people you told me about in Florida. Think I've decided I will most likely try my own project with Chocolates, use welsummers and maybe orpingtons for eggs, and then let mom have fun with the bantams.

Its been quite a chaotic week... :barnie I work at a wedding venue on Friday and Saturday evenings. Well on Friday, my mom was on her way to pick me up (since alas, I'm still to young to have my license) and she was down the road from my work and got hit by a deer. The whole front in of her car is smashed in (there was no way to avoid the deer. It was a windy dark road and it jumped out in front of her)and long story short, we were stuck on the side of the road until 2:00 in the morning.. Well we finally got home by 3:00 in the morning and I had to be at practice bright in the morning at 9:00... Practice until 1:00, get to work by 1:30 and work until 12:00. It's been quite long. And I have final exams coming up. Haha. 

Has anyone had Seramas before? I'm just curious because my mom has decided she likes having the extremes in chickens haha. We have some Jersey Giant pullets and our orpingtons are pretty giants too. Well when she found out how small Seramas are, she is interested. Just curious who has had them and where you got them?

We do birthday parties with our horses and having the really small Seramas down at the barn for kids to look at would be great!
sorry hope everything gets better... I hope my kids grow to show responsibilty like that! Sounds like you have your head on straight, congrats to your parents sounds like they have a great kid and I'm sure they're proud!

so I know a lot of times there are about monthly flock swaps here in NC. since today is june first I KNOW there had to be one coming up!

ive come to the conclusion I have to sell one of my beautiful 6 month old roos......they fight all the time and thought it would be fun to fight with their daddy today while free ranging. I want to know the trick of the trade from you all to how you can keep so many roos together? LOL

anyways, I need to get some information on the upcoming swap......do I need to be registered?
for most swaps there is no need to register but it is a good idea to have
your green card from the state boys.....and those are free. I will say
some swaps close down for the summer but some do keep going.......
check into your local swap to see what they do and good luck
wink.png

Originally Posted by DSTchickencraze

Its been quite a chaotic week...
barnie.gif
I work at a wedding venue on Friday and Saturday evenings. Well on Friday, my mom was on her way to pick me up (since alas, I'm still to young to have my license) and she was down the road from my work and got hit by a deer. The whole front in of her car is smashed in (there was no way to avoid the deer. It was a windy dark road and it jumped out in front of her)and long story short, we were stuck on the side of the road until 2:00 in the morning.. Well we finally got home by 3:00 in the morning and I had to be at practice bright in the morning at 9:00... Practice until 1:00, get to work by 1:30 and work until 12:00. It's been quite long. And I have final exams coming up. Haha.

Quote by HollowOak

Hope insurance covers the car. Glad your mom is okay

Glad your mom is okay.....sorry about the car.
Hollow is right.....Bhep for Serama info/tips.
Good luck with the chickens and farm
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hello all! Second-time chicken owner (had them as a kid, and now again!) from the Land of Waterfalls - Transylvania County. Currently rebuilding our setup so we can get more pullets. Had three and lost two to coons - down to one 10wk old Buff from Southern States (also had two Dixie Rainbows from SS's). Glad to make your acquaintance! :)

1f46a.png

1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

1f40e.png
1f40e.png
1f40e.png
1f40e.png
1f40e.png

1f431.png
1f431.png

Hello all! Second-time chicken owner (had them as a kid, and now again!) from the Land of Waterfalls - Transylvania County. Currently rebuilding our setup so we can get more pullets. Had three and lost two to coons - down to one 10wk old Buff from Southern States (also had two Dixie Rainbows from SS's). Glad to make your acquaintance!
smile.png

1f46a.png

1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

1f40e.png
1f40e.png
1f40e.png
1f40e.png
1f40e.png

1f431.png
1f431.png
glad to meet you
frow.gif

sorry hope everything gets better... I hope my kids grow to show responsibilty like that! Sounds like you have your head on straight, congrats to your parents sounds like they have a great kid and I'm sure they're proud!
Thanks Farmraised! I try my best! I think my parents have raised me really well and I try my best to make them proud.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom