North Carolina

Good morning,

I am trying to find swaps, close to home, that I can take my excess ducks to.  I know that South Hill (VA) TSC is the first Saturday, and that the Urban Chicken in Raleigh, has one Sept 13.  Is there a list somewhere of other swaps in North Carolina?  I am looking in the North Central Area. 

And does anyone know how well patronized the Urban Chicken is? 

Thanks,
Janelle

CSB--Yes, yesterday was definitely a scorcher in my neck of the woods, the girls (1 mustang, 1 appendix) needed to be rinsed off for a cool down.  I am so excited that the barn building starts the beginning of next month!

What kind of ducks did you say you had?
Good luck with finding a flock swap. :)

What kind of ducks did you say you had?
Good luck with finding a flock swap.
smile.png

I have six 4 1/2 week old female khaki campbells (I actually have 9, but plan to keep 3), they are all adorable, but I have 2 older hens, and one drake, and six is enough!

Good morning,

I am trying to find swaps, close to home, that I can take my excess ducks to.  I know that South Hill (VA) TSC is the first Saturday, and that the Urban Chicken in Raleigh, has one Sept 13.  Is there a list somewhere of other swaps in North Carolina?  I am looking in the North Central Area. 

And does anyone know how well patronized the Urban Chicken is? 

Thanks,
Janelle

CSB--Yes, yesterday was definitely a scorcher in my neck of the woods, the girls (1 mustang, 1 appendix) needed to be rinsed off for a cool down.  I am so excited that the barn building starts the beginning of next month!

I have been to the UC 4 times and it's good weather pending of course
I am going this Saturday as in tomorrow to the TSC Eden NC which I hear has excellent traffic.
Maybe see you there!

OMG!!!  I'd be willing to bet that driver had a reason not to stop.  No license, no insurance, or wanted for something.  My son was hit by someone who rapidly left the scene.  Another person chased him and got the tag number and brought it back.  Turns out he was wanted. 

I'm very glad you were all safe through that.  It could have been much worse!

My ovation is for the person who get the lic #...!

My ovation is for the person who get the lic #...!
Cameras are wonderful things...........hit and run ticket has been issued.
Funny thing is they didn't get all that far down the road and they had to
park the car because of the damage they incurred from hitting the bus.
And don't you know that some of the students on the bus called their
parents who came to the school and got the to have them checked out
so a certain driver's insurance is going to be getting some bills soon.
I love karma.
lau.gif

Can anyone give me any recommendations on the central Carolina fair poultry show?

I am thinking of letting my 5 year old enter a bird or two into the competition. .. it will be both of or first time entering any type of competition like this but she is really excited to enter her two favorites.

Can someone tell me what to expect? Any and all info is appreciated!

Do you mean the state fair in October? If so, DON"T do it. You can try to get a hold of the Cape Fear Poultry Club, they put a show on in December and have a Jr show was well (at the same time). They have a website were you can get information from about maybe joining them or doing the show. Good luck

Good afternoon fellow North Carolinians!
I was curious if there was any law for dogs who kill poultry in our state and there is!
Here are all the laws concerning dogs in our state which I found very informative and interesting:

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/nc-dogs-consolidated-dog-laws#s67_1

The part concerning a dog killing poultry says this:

Chapter 67. Dogs. Article 1. Owner's Liability.
§ 67-1. Liability for injury to livestock or fowls

If any dog, not being at the time on the premises of the owner or person having charge thereof, shall kill or injure any livestock or fowls, the owner or person having such dog in charge shall be liable for damages sustained by the injury, killing, or maiming of any livestock, and costs of suit.

§ 67-14. Mad dogs, dogs killing sheep, etc., may be killed

Any person may kill any mad dog, and also any dog if he is killing sheep, cattle, hogs, goats, or poultry.

Last edited:
Good afternoon fellow North Carolinians!
I was curious if there was any law for dogs who kill poultry in our state and there is!
Here are all the laws concerning dogs in our state which I found very informative and interesting:

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/nc-dogs-consolidated-dog-laws#s67_1

The part concerning a dog killing poultry says this:

Chapter 67. Dogs. Article 1. Owner's Liability.
§ 67-1. Liability for injury to livestock or fowls

If any dog, not being at the time on the premises of the owner or person having charge thereof, shall kill or injure any livestock or fowls, the owner or person having such dog in charge shall be liable for damages sustained by the injury, killing, or maiming of any livestock, and costs of suit.

§ 67-14. Mad dogs, dogs killing sheep, etc., may be killed

Any person may kill any mad dog, and also any dog if he is killing sheep, cattle, hogs, goats, or poultry
Thank you so much!!!
frow.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom