North Carolina

welcome-byc.gif
new flockers.

Morning all and WELCOME to the new folks....
welcome-byc.gif

ICE to MUD. OO JOy !!!! LOL
D.gif

Yup, I have Serama.....nothing for sale right now but in will have some chicks & eggs for sale in Spring.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes this week about my Granny!
hugs.gif

She was a classy lady, and things definitely won't be the same without her, but 107 years is certainly a full life to say the least! Her funeral service was today, and it was beautiful. I was suffering from an acute case of eye leakage the whole time, though!

Anyway, glad this weather has turned around! I ended up losing a couple of my smaller chicks during the bitter cold... Hopefully the Arctic will stay where it belongs now!

I need to put down a new layer of pine straw to help with the mud in  my run !
My menfolk put the remaining bags of stored leaves in my chicken houses on Saturday. Got 'em while my son was visiting to help clear the storm-downed trees. After all the things I've tried, leaves and pine straw are what I find work best here!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I like the idea of the leaves in the chicken coops for a bedding. At
the least it gives me a place to put ALL those dang leaves and the
birds can mulch them down for me to put into a compost pile later.
I think we even have a place to store them.......great idea Hollow.
Thanks.
hugs.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

[COLOR=008000]Good morning folks   [/COLOR] :frow

[COLOR=008000]I like the idea of the leaves in the chicken coops for a bedding. At[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]the least it gives me a place to put ALL those dang leaves and the[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]birds can mulch them down for me to put into a compost pile later.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]I think we even have a place to store them.......great idea Hollow.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]Thanks.  [/COLOR] :hugs

[COLOR=008000]hope everyone has a good day  [/COLOR] :pop
Coop Scoop...the best part is that the tannins in the leaves break down the chicken poo pretty quickly! I can put a foot of leaves in the houses in the fall, and some more mid-winter...and not have to clean it out or do anything in there until late summer! I toss scratch daily, and they are always scratching it up. I've done deep litter and weekly clean-outs and all sorts of methods and this works best for me! You've seen my set-up, so you know how many chickens are where and what kind of mess I could have.

Back
Top Bottom