North Carolina

Looking for some baby chicks in NC, I looked to order from one of hatcheries but the shipping was $40! Way more than my chicks. I now have two broodies, a bantam who has been trying to hatch all summer and one of my barred rocks just started this week. Will they make good mama's?

I have some hatching eggs in the incubator if you're interested. Do you live near Knott's Island NC?

I have some hatching eggs in the incubator if you're interested. Do you live near Knott's Island NC?
sadly I am not near Knott's island, I work and rent near Jacksonville nc, my farm and permanent home is Alamance county nc. I may check out the Raleigh store, urban chickenchicken. I drove through at least once per week and that might work out well for me. Was hoping someone local to Alamance might have some sexed babies I can sneak under the broodies at nigh .

I just hatched out 11 chicks from the 21 eggs my hen was perched on. Would have had 12 but I found one dead squished under an egg. They are all cute, little, and fuzzy.

The other 10 I have under a heat lamp, though I am very sure they will not hatch. Candling is something I'm not great at reading them.

Lost my easter egger last night. Poor girl. She was 2 and a half years old. Just like all my other girls. :( my car is fine btw. She was just acting weird cause she's in heat now. She really loves DH shoes. Idk why cause they smell awful. Ha! My best friend lost her rabbit 2 days ago. I guess it's the heat. ??? Oh and someone broke into my house last week and stole out rifle. We know who did it. And the police are investigating. Just not sure if we will ever get it back. We can't find the serial number for it anywhere. But we have pictures so that's a good thing. Have a great day all of you! Be blessed and thank God for the rain today!

You guys, I have to share this because my friends don't seem to understand how awesome this is. So one of my broodies hatched out 6 chicks on Thursday and then proceeded to abandon the rest of her eggs, literally kicking them out into her run. On Saturday morning, I managed to be able to reach around her and get them out (vicious mama, sheesh!) and placed them in a container, set them aside and meant to throw them away but didn't. Sunday mid morning, I go to check in with every one, and one of them hatched! By itself just sitting there! Unbelievable. I still am beside myself about it.

My "last" broody was thankfully hatching eggs at the same time so I slipped the little one under her.

And then discovered last night I had ANOTHER hen go broody. GAH!!! That makes my 6th one this year, two of which had to go two rounds because of bad clutch issues, so my 8th broody round. The musical chairs continue. UGH.

You guys, I have to share this because my friends don't seem to understand how awesome this is. So one of my broodies hatched out 6 chicks on Thursday and then proceeded to abandon the rest of her eggs, literally kicking them out into her run. On Saturday morning, I managed to be able to reach around her and get them out (vicious mama, sheesh!) and placed them in a container, set them aside and meant to throw them away but didn't. Sunday mid morning, I go to check in with every one, and one of them hatched! By itself just sitting there! Unbelievable. I still am beside myself about it.

My "last" broody was thankfully hatching eggs at the same time so I slipped the little one under her.

And then discovered last night I had ANOTHER hen go broody. GAH!!! That makes my 6th one this year, two of which had to go two rounds because of bad clutch issues, so my 8th broody round. The musical chairs continue. UGH.
Congratulations on the new surprise chick! That's a much better surprise then the egg that I had "hatch" today... I have a big basket of colorful blown egg shells sitting on my plant rack in front of the window in my kitchen. Today, I noticed an awful smell and found goo under and all over my basket. Apparently someone stuck an actual egg in there at some point, probably several months ago and it finally exploded. So gross.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom