North Carolina

My girls are on strike again! Lol!

Last edited:
Yes, I believe I might but check with her to check availability. The sweetest couple too... Marsha's Silkies and her name on here is Marsha Tutterow. She adores her birds and it shows! Can't say enough good things about doing business with her!

You guys, I have to share this because my friends don't seem to understand how awesome this is. So one of my broodies hatched out 6 chicks on Thursday and then proceeded to abandon the rest of her eggs, literally kicking them out into her run. On Saturday morning, I managed to be able to reach around her and get them out (vicious mama, sheesh!) and placed them in a container, set them aside and meant to throw them away but didn't.  Sunday mid morning, I go to check in with every one, and one of them hatched!  By itself just sitting there! Unbelievable. I still am beside myself about it.

My "last" broody was thankfully hatching eggs at the same time so I slipped the little one under her.

And then discovered last night I had ANOTHER hen go broody. GAH!!!  That makes my 6th one this year, two of which had to go two rounds because of bad clutch issues, so my 8th broody round. The musical chairs continue. UGH.

Very cool!! I can believe it in this weather we are having... It's been on the warmer side haha!

Back
Top Bottom