North Carolina

New to BYC, in Wilmington, NC but well on our way to moving to Burgaw (Pender County) NC.. Definitely looking to connect with like minded people!!! We're just starting out with 9 white leghorns and 24 coturnix quail!!! I'm so ready for this country life!

I'm originally from the Castle Hayne/Rocky Point area :) Welcome!

I'm originally from the Castle Hayne/Rocky Point area :) Welcome!

I love, love Rocky Point!! We used to live in Woodhaven, right past Paul's Place!! Living there is why we bought land in Pender County. I was born and raised in New Hanover County but once I got a taste of country living, I knew that's what I wanted for my family!! I'm ready to say good bye to city life and hello to healthy, happy living!

I love, love Rocky Point!! We used to live in Woodhaven, right past Paul's Place!! Living there is why we bought land in Pender County. I was born and raised in New Hanover County but once I got a taste of country living, I knew that's what I wanted for my family!! I'm ready to say good bye to city life and hello to healthy, happy living!

Is 85 the year you were born? We may actually know each other haha! We lived off Indian Corn Trail. You'd turn down marathon next to the church just before castle Hayne. Tons of horse farms and boarders.

Is 85 the year you were born? We may actually know each other haha! We lived off Indian Corn Trail. You'd turn down marathon next to the church just before castle Hayne. Tons of horse farms and boarders.

Haha yes May 1, 1985 (5185). I went to New Hanover and Laney. I have a lot of old friends that lived (some still do) in Castle Hayne. Me and my husband actually lived on Oakley rd. for about 3 years!! It was a tiny 2 bedroom farm house, our first home together 10 years ago. Crazy, I hated that house when we lived there but that's where we had our first child and life was so much simpler. . That's what I'm hoping we'll get back to when we move to Burgaw!! Slow things down some, enjoy our lives!! 10 years have gone by so fast!!

Saw this and felt so happy for the two of you that you found each other again on a chicken site.
When I lived in North Carolina it was at the two Marine bases from 1973-2012 off and on as we moved to other states and so. Hope you two ladies can meet up again soon.

Last edited:
Saw this and felt so happy for the two of you that you found each other again on a chicken site.
When I lived in North Carolina it was at the two Marine bases from 1973-2012 off and on as we moved to other states and so. Hope you two ladies can meet up again soon.

I'm meeting a ton of amazing people here on BYC but it's definitely neat to meet someone that grew up the same place I did, from the same generation!

Any one have a Golden Laced Wyandotte rooster they would like to get rid of? I have two but they are brothers and the hens I have are their sisters. Would like to hatch more next year but I am not crazy about inbreeding.

Hi Everyone! I'm in Greensboro and we are moving to the Lake Norman area soon.

Does anyone know of hatcheries where I can get chicks either near Greensboro or Charlotte? Also is there any local supplier of organic chicken feed?

I've heard good things about the nesting box in oakboro but haven't used them myself. We are in Davidson (but not in town) McLeod organics on 73 carries an organic feed.

I've heard good things about the nesting box in oakboro but haven't used them myself. We are in Davidson (but not in town) McLeod organics on 73 carries an organic feed.

Small world - we are moving to Davidson! We will have to get together after we move!! Thanks for the tips about the nesting box and McLeod!

Back
Top Bottom