North Carolina

Good Morning!

The weekend has arrived! I finally get to see how the chickies have grown in the daylight! It's been a bit frustrating to know the feathers are coming in and not see the true colors showing on them. Of course, it'll change up after first molt anyway, but still...part of today will be devoted to chicken TV.

I got to go hold my puppy yesterday! He's huge. He was about the middle of the litter as far as size goes, but right now he's the largest. He was two weeks yesterday, and weighed in at 4.6 pounds. Of course, the dynamics in a growing litter change rapidly, so he may not be the largest long, but still. Since he's the lightest color in the litter too, he looked even more massive in the box with all his darker brothers and sisters. Hubby went with me. I think he was concerned about how big this pup would get, so I stood beside their father for perspective, and he relaxed about that a lot. Great Danes hold their heads much higher than Mastiffs do, their heads are lighter, and they are slimmer, so despite the appearance of height, Apollo is about the same height as Reilly, without the bone mass of Reilly. So now my husband is at ease about dog size.
We still can't agree on a name, though.
barnie.gif
There's time, but I'd like to find one fairly soon! Name suggestions are appreciated, for a male blue-fawn Great Dane, who's showing tendencies of being very adventuresome, and a bit of a loner.

Have a great day, everyone! For me, it's housecleaning weekend.
sickbyc.gif

Good morning guys! I am from Stanly County-about an hour east of Charlotte. I have some roosters that I need to get rid of. They are all healthy and very pretty. I have several golden phoenixes, Easter eggers, and a few very appealing cross breeds. I love them all and wish we could keep them, but we just have too many. I will post pictures this afternoon. If anyone is interested or knows what I could do with them, please PM me or email me at [email protected] Thanks ,
Olivia
smile.png

frow.gif
HI EM!! We've missed you!!

So today...my husband has earned the chicken HERO badge!! He was outside in his shed getting some tools to hang things in our DD room when he saw my last remaining cochin laying in a pile of leaves. He thought she was dead and rushed over to her, in doing so, he scared the predator that was hunting her. He was certain she was dead and decided to place everyone on lockdown until further notice. So he calls all the chickens, ducks and guineas over and the minute he opens the feed bin...up pops Belle and she races over to the run waiting for her feed!! Either she was passed out from fear of she was playing possum, I don't know, but he came in to tell me. I raced outside (remembering what happened to her sister) to check her over. I found no blood, no wounds and she was definitely more lively than Olivia was when she was attacked, so I am hoping she fainted and is now safely recovering! Regardless our girls (and boys) will be locked up for safety at least for a few days!! Still...he wins the chicken award for the day - especially since Belle is not part of our flock but more of my pet...I can pick her up and cuddle with her and she doesn't fuss (she also doesn't weigh anything at all!!). She is such a sweetheart!!
love.gif
I am so happy she is safe (at least for now) and appears to be strong. We're in store for some GREAT weather this weekend...I hope everyone will be able to enjoy it!!
hit.gif
DH will be going out of town on business starting tomorrow so while I intend to enjoy the weather...it just won't be the same!!

Good Morning, Sunday People!

Looks like a lovely day ahead, followed by a matching week! We can get caught up on some outdoor chores before winter comes in earnest!

Got some stuff done yesterday, but not my full list. I never get my whole list done, then I get grumpy with myself. I think I need to make more realistic lists, so I quit getting down on myself for not doing a super-human day!

I took time to watch chickie-TV yesterday for a bit. (one reason I didn't finish that list!) So awesome to watch them grow! And I think we decided to take one tom turkey up to the auction. We do not need three toms.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning guys! I am from Stanly County-about an hour east of Charlotte. I have some roosters that I need to get rid of. They are all healthy and very pretty.  I have several golden phoenixes, Easter eggers, and a few very appealing cross breeds.  I love them all and wish we could keep them, but we just have too many.  I will post pictures this afternoon.  If anyone is interested or knows what I could do with them, please PM me or email me at [email protected]   Thanks ,  
                                                                                                              Olivia :)

hey im in monroe bout 45ish mins southeast of charlotte!

Back
Top Bottom