North Carolina

I need to move out a very nice Californian rabbit doe born about mid November. I'd prefer a trade for a NZ doe around the same age, but if not I'd sell her and go buy another doe. I bought the Cali on a whim when I went to SC buying rabbits, after I told myself to stick to what I already had. She was just too cute, and her mama just too big for me to pass her up. But that means I have no unrelated NZ does. I refuse to hang another cage. If nobody on here is interested, I'll CL her.

2 more houses dusted tonight. That leaves 30 more birds in 3 houses for tomorrow night. Found 4 of tonights did have Northern Mites. Tomorrow afternoon I am spraying all houses with permethrin and dusting the last of the birds. I am so SICK of these mites.
barnie.gif

Matt

Last edited:
2 more houses dusted tonight. That leaves 30 more birds in 3 houses for tomorrow night. Found 4 of tonights did have Northern Mites. Tomorrow afternoon I am spraying all houses with permethrin and dusting the last of the birds. I am so SICK of these mites.
barnie.gif

Matt
Im with you Matt! Im gonna try the Front Line thing to see if it works any better/longer
barnie.gif
he.gif

Last Summer when I brought home the mites from auction, I was so mad,
somad.gif
but I have to say that the permethrin worked great. I diluted it to about 10% and sprayed the birds too! They did not like it, but I only had to spray once and kept checking back, but all was good.

About the broody hiding eggs. HAHAHAHAAaaaah. yep, I have one that I find about a doz to about one and a half every spring around the end of January. She jumps the fence and finds a spot she likes, and starts laying them... until I find them. Last year under a half barrel (ducks nest) , and this year under the steps to the kiddie -pool that is on the boys' playground. Also, she had a bantam join her this time, but I don't think hers were fertile. I usually put them in the bator, so nothing eats them out in the wild when they hatch. Then she goes back to the run and continues laying there.
idunno.gif

Hollow: I have two kids you can borrow for as long as you need. I can just call it a vacation.
ya.gif

Silkie eggs are in the bator, and they looked good. Easter eggs are coming out great; Blues, greens, pinks, and the regular brown and dark green layers are doing great too.

Beth: the Silkies that I got from you are growing, and I'm looking forward to introducing them to the great out doors soon.

Teens are growing, and will be moving out of the Green House to the Big House in a few weeks!

BTW, I had not been on here for about 4 days, and WOW! this thing was blown up!
lau.gif

I still have an extra Silkie male if any one is looking for a white one.

I need some help figuring out how to get started making saddles for different sized birds....
barnie.gif
A few must be favorites...???

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

Another Sunday getting ready to turn into Monday! Amazing how fast the weekend goes, and how slow the week. And it looks like the week will be warmer, and it'll cool back down for the weekend. Sigh.

All is well at Hollow Oak Farm. Hope all is well with you, too.

And a good morning to you all from us! Mananged to hatch out 22 Silkies over the last 2 days.... Placed 38 eggs in lockdown - no I do not candle - so not complaining too much. Also have some Swedish Flower Hen eggs incubating from my girls....

Good Sunday Morning everyone ! ... It's a little chilly here in Hope Mills today, but that's ok. I'm glad it's just cold outside and we aren't snowed in like the people in the North ... That's a blessing today ... My thoughts are with the people in the north. I know it's hard to deal with all the snow that fell. Hope they all stay safe and warm. Take care everyone and hope you get to spend some time with your animals today.

Good Sunday Morning everyone ! ... It's a little chilly here in Hope Mills today, but that's ok. I'm glad it's just cold outside and we aren't snowed in like the people in the North ... That's a blessing today ... My thoughts are with the people in the north. I know it's hard to deal with all the snow that fell. Hope they all stay safe and warm. Take care everyone and hope you get to spend some time with your animals today.
Hey, Neighbor!

Those who are pro's at WCA.... I will be heading up there next Sunday with two black silkie cockerals. I remember the rules changed last time I was there and they must be in crates to sell. I have no idea where to get some of those and would prefer not to buy them. I do have two cages that I could house them in ,but I would want those back. Does this affect how well a bird sells if you can not keep what they are sold in? Or would I be better off selling them in something they can be transported back in to the new owner?

Those who are pro's at WCA.... I will be heading up there next Sunday with two black silkie cockerals. I remember the rules changed last time I was there and they must be in crates to sell. I have no idea where to get some of those and would prefer not to buy them. I do have two cages that I could house them in ,but I would want those back. Does this affect how well a bird sells if you can not keep what they are sold in? Or would I be better off selling them in something they can be transported back in to the new owner?
The folks at WCA will sell you a wooden crate for a small fee...... I think it's a $1 or $2.
Last I heard the bird goes in the cage it's sold in but that may have changed.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom