North Carolina

NH, what do you mean by "stuffing diapers"? I thought that's what the babies did! I used cloth diapers, but never had any "stuffing" to do, so I'm always curious when you use that phrasing.
Hollow - I have what are called pocket diapers. They have a waterproof outer shell (think of the plastic pull up pants and it's taking that idea and making it part of the diaper) and a microfiber lining...in-between the lining and the shell there is a pocket to add inserts. This way you can customize your diaper to fit your little one's needs. Lightly stuffed for newborns or triple doubled up for 1 yo who are HEAVY wetters. (http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=98&products_id=4401) That's where I got ours (on sale of course) and what they look like (colors vary...teehee) in case I am a lousy explainer/describer!! LOL
This my favorite way to use up eggs, I end up make 3 batches one for us And two for my grandparents
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cinnamon-raisin-bread-3.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/overnight-raisin-french-toast
YUMMMMM! Thank you for sharing!!
love.gif

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

I can not wait until this week is over and I can breathe again! In the meantime....one day at a time!

Enjoy today!
I just have to say...I saw all that you were baking/making/taking to finals with you and as much as I LOATHE Science...I might just HAVE to sign up for a class taught by you just to get my hands on some of those goodies. I think I will be doing a LOT of baking today thanks to you!! LOL

I should have a broody hatching some chickens out this weekend!!
celebrate.gif
I've never candled, so I haven't actually checked under her, but she has been sitting quite faithfully on her 12 eggs not moving much ... at least when we're looking. I know she's eating/drinking because I have seen the "broody bombs" left behind!! LOL. Here's hoping ALL 12 hatch and only say 2 are boys!!
lau.gif

ETA: HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

Last edited:
Hollow - I have what are called pocket diapers.  They have a waterproof outer shell (think of the plastic pull up pants and it's taking that idea and making it part of the diaper) and a microfiber lining...in-between the lining and the shell there is a pocket to add inserts.  This way you can customize your diaper to fit your little one's needs.  Lightly stuffed for newborns or triple doubled up for 1 yo who are HEAVY wetters.  (http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=98&products_id=4401) That's where I got ours (on sale of course) and what they look like (colors vary...teehee) in case I am a lousy explainer/describer!!  LOL

I just have to say...I saw all that you were baking/making/taking to finals with you and as much as I LOATHE Science...I might just HAVE to sign up for a class taught by you just to get my hands on some of those goodies.  I think I will be doing a LOT of baking today thanks to you!!  LOL

Interesting diapers. I don't know if I would have used something that looks like such a pain! I'm glad I just had diapers!

I always bake for my students during finals week. I have one more final tomorrow, so must do more baking this afternoon. Many of them pull all-nighters, or are otherwise sleep deprived. The bit of sugar helps them get through the exam, and me doing it for them makes them smile and relax, which is important. The little things can make a big difference in the exam results. A relaxed student will score better than a stressed one, even if all other factors are equal. Plus, it's a good excuse to bake! I love to bake, but we certainly don't need all that sugar at home! I only bake if I have somewhere to take the majority of the goodies.

And if you want baked goods that you didn't bake, you can come to WCA!

Hello Everyone I am new to the NC thread. I am from Fuquay-Varina and love all the different breeds of chickens I have. Huge enthusiast of them and love to talk about them...lol
smile.png

Sitting up late with a gun(pellet gun wish I had a real one) tonight, just got word that my neighbor about 2 Miles up the mountian, had her whole flock... 103 birds total: guineas, chickens, peafowl, geese and turkeys....killed by 4 juvi cougar males. :eek: I don't think my pellet gun will deter a cougar, gonna go ask if I can borrow a friends guns. She told the cougars were caught on her game cam so she is gonna send me pics, she said by the size of them they aren't but 6 months to a year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom