North Carolina

So I have been curious if anyone else's hens squat down when you reach for them? What does this mean? (Maybe nothing...)

It means they need a MAN. LOL
lau.gif

It is how hens submit to the male to allow him to get on. If you are the dominant figure, then you are it.

Matt

Good morning folks
frow.gif

the weatherman used a four letter word again last
night.......sure wish he didn't do that for the weekend
hmm.png

guess since we haven't had much of it lately we are
in need of a little bit.....so he can send it during the nighttime
lau.gif

hope everyone has a good day.......it's Friday
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

:frow good morning everyone.
Gonna spend the day cooking, making a huge thing of egg salad, which is the most daunting because I still haven't found a way to make fresh eggs peel easily. also gonna make Tuna salad, honey walnut chicken salad, and wild rice salad(dried cranberries, spinach, almonds, green onions). My mother is having a couple teeth pulled, so i told her I'd make easy to eat cold(since her tooth was bothered by hot) foods for when she got home :)

Hope you all have a great day

Last edited:
frow.gif
good morning everyone.
Gonna spend the day cooking, making a huge thing of egg salad, which is the most daunting because I still haven't found a way to make fresh eggs peel easily. also gonna make Tuna salad, honey walnut chicken salad, and wild rice salad(dried cranberries, spinach, almonds, green onions). My mother is having a couple teeth pulled, so i told her I'd make easy to eat cold(since her tooth was bothered by hot) foods for when she got home
smile.png

I always boil the water then use a spoon to put the eggs in gently, and when they're ready to come out I put them in an ice water bath for like 10-15 minutes. They peel easier but not perfect.

A sudden temperature change like Luke mentions, putting the hot eggs into cold water immediately, and then peeling as soon as you can handle them makes them them peel well. Getting hold of the membrane is the hardest part!

I was just perusing the week's weather. Only up to the mid 90's. And I've already seen two huge V's of geese heading south. We've had no summer to speak of, we've had no winter for two years running... I'm thinking Mama Nature is getting ready to slam us with a heck of a winter. I also hope I'm dead wrong.

The humidity has made it feel hotter, but really...upper 80's and low 90's? In August? That's ten degrees less than it should be.

frow.gif
good morning everyone.
Gonna spend the day cooking, making a huge thing of egg salad, which is the most daunting because I still haven't found a way to make fresh eggs peel easily. also gonna make Tuna salad, honey walnut chicken salad, and wild rice salad(dried cranberries, spinach, almonds, green onions). My mother is having a couple teeth pulled, so i told her I'd make easy to eat cold(since her tooth was bothered by hot) foods for when she got home
smile.png

And I do mine different. I put them in water with salt and baking soda bring to a rolling boil for about 5 mins, remove from heat for about 10-15 (still in the hot water) then put under cold running water. Usually out of 2 doz all but 2 will peel smooth and beautiful.

I was just perusing the week's weather. Only up to the mid 90's. And I've already seen two huge V's of geese heading south. We've had no summer to speak of, we've had no winter for two years running... I'm thinking Mama Nature is getting ready to slam us with a heck of a winter. I also hope I'm dead wrong.

The humidity has made it feel hotter, but really...upper 80's and low 90's? In August? That's ten degrees less than it should be.
Don't know about y'alls birds, but mine are already starting to molt. I feel you may be right on a hard winter
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom