work and only two days to get it done and slip in some
relaxing things............hmmmmmm........maybe weekends
aren't what I keep picturing them as
th.gif

hope everyone has a good day
D.gif

I everyone
big_smile.png
I logged on this morning and couldn't believe that it has been 3 weeks since I have been on here!!! Work has been extremely busy and the last thing I want to do at home is get on the computer again. I have missed you all though and wanted to pop in and say hello.

I read about a week's worth of posts then skipped forward to today. I am off to do a few errands then some work on the coops - I always have a project
ya.gif
as I love building/changing stuff. Today I am putting a plexiglass window in a couple of the darker coops so I don't feel like I have to leave the light on.

My ee/oe's are just over 4 months old and I am (somewhat) patiently waiting for them to start laying. I am hoping to see an egg or two in the next two to four weeks. I have to take a hard look at some of the roos. I set four of the bigger ones aside for freezer camp. This will be our first time butchering birds. Hubby has plenty of experience with hunting and processing so it will be up to him to teach me. I am looking forward to homegrown meat. The smaller ones need to go to another home. if I get motivated tonight I may pick a few and take them to the auction at Broadway. If anyone else is thinking of going PM me as I am not sure I will check this post but I will see the e-mail alerts on my phone.

Happy Friday everyone!

[COLOR=008000]Good morning folks  [/COLOR] :frow

[COLOR=008000]I'm not sure why I look forward to the weekends[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]I think "Wow, time off from work" but really it two days[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]of even more work. Since I have a full time job I don't[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]get done everything during the week and use the[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]weekend to get caught up which mean even more[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]work and only two days to get it done and slip in some[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]relaxing things............hmmmmmm........maybe weekends[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]aren't what I keep picturing them as [/COLOR] :th

[COLOR=008000]hope everyone has a good day  [/COLOR] :cd

We look forward to the weekend work because it's what we choose to do, rather than what we do to earn a paycheck. Even though I love my job, I'd still rather be mucking out a chicken coop!

I everyone
big_smile.png
I logged on this morning and couldn't believe that it has been 3 weeks since I have been on here!!! Work has been extremely busy and the last thing I want to do at home is get on the computer again. I have missed you all though and wanted to pop in and say hello.

I read about a week's worth of posts then skipped forward to today. I am off to do a few errands then some work on the coops - I always have a project
ya.gif
as I love building/changing stuff. Today I am putting a plexiglass window in a couple of the darker coops so I don't feel like I have to leave the light on.

My ee/oe's are just over 4 months old and I am (somewhat) patiently waiting for them to start laying. I am hoping to see an egg or two in the next two to four weeks. I have to take a hard look at some of the roos. I set four of the bigger ones aside for freezer camp. This will be our first time butchering birds. Hubby has plenty of experience with hunting and processing so it will be up to him to teach me. I am looking forward to homegrown meat. The smaller ones need to go to another home. if I get motivated tonight I may pick a few and take them to the auction at Broadway. If anyone else is thinking of going PM me as I am not sure I will check this post but I will see the e-mail alerts on my phone.

Happy Friday everyone!
I thought of it since they listed sumatras there (and I need a few more pullets/ hens), but more than likely the sumatras will have pink feet bottoms instead of yellow like they should have. Plus its coffee night and I can't give that up!

Last edited:
Good morning everyone... or I guess afternoon now!

I have my first broody hen and not sure what to do with her. I have read most of the info on this website and still not sure what to do exactly. I have a rooster that just started making his presence known to the ladies but he is mainly focused on the hens that were already laying not the ones that are his age that should be laying any day now. So I put an egg under the broody hen ( buff orpington) not sure if it was a fertile egg or not.

I honestly would prefer to get rid of the rooster just so my kids can more or less come and go as they please.... a rooster concerns me! We got rid of last two but this one is so pretty I hate to end things for him. Plus he has displayed no aggression toward the kids but I am not wanting to give him a chance to either. If anyone would want him.... I would be happy to give him to you for free.... I just do not have much use for him with little kids running around. Below is a pic of him, he is right at 16 weeks. I would prefer him to go to a good home than post on craigslist. I have already posted on facebook nc farm sales and swap. But no takers..... Someone please help me!

Good morning everyone... or I guess afternoon now!

I have my first broody hen and not sure what to do with her. I have read most of the info on this website and still not sure what to do exactly. I have a rooster that just started making his presence known to the ladies but he is mainly focused on the hens that were already laying not the ones that are his age that should be laying any day now. So I put an egg under the broody hen ( buff orpington) not sure if it was a fertile egg or not.

I honestly would prefer to get rid of the rooster just so my kids can more or less come and go as they please.... a rooster concerns me! We got rid of last two but this one is so pretty I hate to end things for him. Plus he has displayed no aggression toward the kids but I am not wanting to give him a chance to either. If anyone would want him.... I would be happy to give him to you for free.... I just do not have much use for him with little kids running around. Below is a pic of him, he is right at 16 weeks. I would prefer him to go to a good home than post on craigslist. I have already posted on facebook nc farm sales and swap. But no takers..... Someone please help me!
What kind is he and where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom