North Carolina

Hey I have a poo question I couldn't find an answer to on here searching.

At least one of my meat turkeys is having black tar like poo. Not watery, not solid, just thick and black, literally like tar.
I haven't given them anything out of the ordinary. They've been on fermented feed for probably about a month now. They are acting totally normal and healthy. But I know tar like poo in humans is indicative of internal bleeding wasn't sure if that was the same for birds?

Dutch..it could be or it could be something he ate.
hu.gif

Hellooo helloooo! Glad most of you are doing well, and sorry to those experiencing losses.

Today at work someone was telling me that I should completely STAY AWAY from my chickens because I am pregnant... really? I have done some research, and it didn't really turn up much solid info -- anyone know if there is any truth to this? NH?? We only have 8 hens so its not like I am constantly entering a dusty poopy coop to do upkeep... Hubs has been doing most of the care.

Anyone?

What's their research? I'd ask them for the research and references. It could be something they heard, and people hear all kinds of things. ;)

Hellooo helloooo! Glad most of you are doing well, and sorry to those experiencing losses.

Today at work someone was telling me that I should completely STAY AWAY from my chickens because I am pregnant... really? I have done some research, and it didn't really turn up much solid info -- anyone know if there is any truth to this? NH?? We only have 8 hens so its not like I am constantly entering a dusty poopy coop to do upkeep... Hubs has been doing most of the care.

Anyone?
My GF always did the birds while she was pregnant. Our little man seems to be fine LOL, little guy just wants to GO GO GO. At only 4 months he is somewhat crawling but really just tries to stand up!!!! I can already tell he's gonna be a mess!

Black Australope hatched in June: we were/are going to cull him because he is flighty and was running from all the other chickens. In the past week or so he has calmed down and hangs out with my girls a few weeks older. He still doesn't like people much though.

He is so pretty!!! So are you looking for a White Leghorn Cockerel? I make no guarantees, but I might be able to work it out though... My mom thinks he looks really nice, but she might need some more arm pulling. We are also in the Charlotte area... I don't think we're that close to you...

I am actually not looking for anything! Just wanted to give you a chance at him before we culled him. I put him on facebook for $8, but may negotiate. Charlotte is about an hour away depending on traffic ( up to 3 if it is rush hour! LOL)

DST: I am also considering selling my 3 yo Red Laced Blue Wyandotte hens.... I've only had them about 2 months, and they are molting, so I haven't gotten any eggs from them. If you are interested in all 3 send me a pm!

I don't get staying away from chickens when pregnant. Cat litter, yes. But chickens? I do understand it for chemo. Your immune system is depressed and you could possibly contract salmonella, or have respiratory issues from dander. Perhaps salmonella is the risk they are looking at for pregnancy, but if the pregnancy is normal I shouldn't think there would be any higher risk. But, I'm no doc, and don't play one on TV. But it does seem as if that would be more common knowledge, like cats, if there was something important.

I don't get staying away from chickens when pregnant. Cat litter, yes. But chickens? I do understand it for chemo. Your immune system is depressed and you could possibly contract salmonella, or have respiratory issues from dander. Perhaps salmonella is the risk they are looking at for pregnancy, but if the pregnancy is normal I shouldn't think there would be any higher risk. But, I'm no doc, and don't play one on TV. But it does seem as if that would be more common knowledge, like cats, if there was something important.
but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Back
Top Bottom