North Carolina

Good Morning Everyone!

I think everyone with well mannered children should get an award! Too many parents don't take their job as a parent seriously. Kudos to the ones that do.

Oh Christmas decorations... sometimes I put them up, a couple of years I have skipped it. We don't do outside decorations anymore as our house is so far off the road that no one but us would see them. DH doesn't care if we have a tree or decorations, so when I put them up, it is just for me.

My DH doesn't undo anything I do with the coops. All of the construction in recent years has been mine and he is smart enough to stay away and let me figure it out or ask for help. I am not saying that all of the construction is done according to "industry standards" but it is good enough for a chicken coop and will not fall down.
big_smile.png

Welcome to the new folks!

Have a great day!

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]Ok , so we made a irrigation system using concrete and pipes, easy clean easy drain. but one thing that was not accounted for was the space in between the door and the irrigation... turns out it was big enough for the hens to creep under the door through the irrigation and into their neighboring runs..... RiRs were in with pearl white leghorns... and White leghorns in with RiRs. so I noticed that some of the whites that I had hatched had traits or RiRs.. black spots on head and darker beaks... Sold them to neighbors and hatch more chicks. This time it was a batch of RiR eggs... now some of the RiRs look to have traits of Pearl White Leghorns (maybe) I need help from experienced RiR breeders... Below are some pics of a RiR chick that I think is a cross breed... I want to keep it to see if they have the egg ability of the Pearl White Leghorn but the heartiness of the RiR. (That would be so cool!!!)

Ok , so we made a irrigation system using concrete and pipes, easy clean easy drain. but one thing that was not accounted for was the space in between the door and the irrigation... turns out it was big enough for the hens to creep under the door through the irrigation and into their neighboring runs..... RiRs were in with pearl white leghorns... and White leghorns in with RiRs. so I noticed that some of the whites that I had hatched had traits or RiRs.. black spots on head and darker beaks... Sold them to neighbors and hatch more chicks. This time it was a batch of RiR eggs... now some of the RiRs look to have traits of Pearl White Leghorns (maybe) I need help from experienced RiR breeders... Below are some pics of a RiR chick that I think is a cross breed... I want to keep it to see if they have the egg ability of the Pearl White Leghorn but the heartiness of the RiR. (That would be so cool!!!)
that's what a production red is basically from what I have read.

Ok just did a quick look and there is leghorn in the back ground of a production red but the main breeds are rir and a new hampshire.
ok , so if there is no new hampsire then its not a production red? So could i just have a hybrid red then? Either way id like to see what this lil one grows up to be and what it will look like :) im already loving its feathers that are comming in :D

I amso happy he appreciate s you. .. little did I know I have another Rooster.... ugh. But he is so scared of us he never comes near.... you should hear his awful crow it is sad...

oh well and my "little" ones just started laying... yea!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I did however finally finish the chicken run complete with aviary netting yesterday. Today I built a small temporary run for our guy in quarantine. He was not overly keen on my gathering him up to transport him from his night quarters to his new run, but once he got there he was thrilled!! He spent the day showing his gratitude by helping me out with my compost pile that was strategically placed in the middle of his run. At least my rooster appreciates me. :) nice to not have to worry about my girls flying the coop too. I have at least two that hopped that fence semi regularly. And I built a fire in the fireplace for the first time since buying this house. Surprisingly I managed not to burn the house down. Considering the state of everything else we've come across in this money pit, that's a welcome relief.

Back
Top Bottom