North Carolina

Hahaha chicken math never adds up. I have nearly 50 chicks in the brooders. I have no clue where to put them in just 2-3 weeks! About 10 more would fit in the coop but not in the run attached. I have another coop that can house 8 but no run attached. We have a barred owl in the woods, a hawk the dogs chase off, a raccoon that has been raiding our trash the past week, coyotes that we can hear... We need a run or have to be with the chickens as they free range. I still don't have room for the other 30! It is becoming harder and harder to butcher the little chicken nuggets.
We are on the Moore-Hoke county line. :)

just picked out my EE and think one may be an OE HOPING lol going to the swap in Statesville see if anyone has point of lay hens i could get them in calling it quits 6 in my coop is enough and my parents are so done with my chicken math lol they signed up for 2 hens we now have 1 roo 1 hen and 3 hopefully pullet chicks lets see how long this last before I'm building a bigger coop XD

Well......LOLOL.... CHICKEN MATH HAS STRUCK AGAIN!!! YEA,YOU SIT THERE AND LAUGH! I have some BCM/Silkies coming in the end of the week and know I don't have coop space.. someone is helping me fix that part. But with anything voluntary, its not getting done as quickly as I need. They have never had chickens! Well...here's the worst part...I went by TSC and yea,you know the rest of the story......came home with 6 Ameranana's.....they are are in the kids bedroom (they are all grown)..right by where my DH and I watch TV...He doesn't know yet!!!!"""" LOL...He's going to kill me!!"" Can't afford to buy a coop but don't know when my coop will be ready......

:clap. :gig

Yeah, just went to tsc myself and ended up with 6 golden comet chicks as my anniversary gift! They will replace the roosters that are going to freezer camp tomorrow. I may not keep all 6. Although I need 1 more to make 20 chickens!

well our first hatch is complete.. we have 8 good chicks from 20 eggs.. 11 hatched but 1 died ..idk y .. and 2 we had to cull for leg problems.. looked like a slipped tendon but on the first one like that i got it in place and put the little band aide brace on .. but by this afternoon it was swollen bad and looked infected looked in the bator and another had same issue but his leg wouldnt move at all .. so our first cull of baby chicks as well.. no bueno. :( .. but on the other hand the fact that 11 (almost 12- one died while hatching ) hatched my first try i am ok with .. and 8 fluffy babies in my brooder make me smile ..now why i have felt the need to basically stay awake the majority of the past 4 days waiting on chicks , watching chicks, etc i dont know , i hope that tendacy goes away with my 2nd hatch ...lol
caf.gif

My Swedish Flower Hen (SFH) is broody with 7 eggs, my Miniature Silver Appleyard duck hen is collecting eggs to hatch, and I have 20 Barnyard Mix eggs in the incubator!

Back
Top Bottom