North Carolina

Part of Friday's haul....
Nice eggs, are the dark eggs bcm? I have 1 boy 1 girl bcm, and I can't wait for her to start laying chocolate eggs

Sydney with her brood of two exchequer leghorns and one golden laced Wyandotte.

Maggie the turkey hen and Juno the Black Jersey Giant napping in the sun.

That's more like it. This was her performance for the NPIP lady before anything even happened. :)

Yuki, the point of lay white leghorn glaring at me to let her out and/or feed her.
Still debating whether or not to sell her. She's got an amazing personality but white birds are always subject to overhead predator attack around here.

Predator or prey?!

i finally found my chickens! i got 3 5 month old pullets. they are all what the breeder called mutts :) from the coloring he thinks dorothy is silverlace wyandotte/amber sexlink, gretel is ameracauna/red sexlink, and ellen is silverlace wyandotte/goldlace wyandotte/red sex link. do those sound like they'll be good hens? it was dark and stormy today and they are huddled in the coop in the corner and it's too dark to take pics. how long do you think it will take them to get accustomed to their new home? thanks everyone!
signed,
very excited new mama :)

i finally found my chickens! i got 3 5 month old pullets. they are all what the breeder called mutts
smile.png
from the coloring he thinks dorothy is silverlace wyandotte/amber sexlink, gretel is ameracauna/red sexlink, and ellen is silverlace wyandotte/goldlace wyandotte/red sex link. do those sound like they'll be good hens? it was dark and stormy today and they are huddled in the coop in the corner and it's too dark to take pics. how long do you think it will take them to get accustomed to their new home? thanks everyone!
signed,
very excited new mama
smile.png
Congrats!!!!!
I have never heard of a bad hen and they sound pretty.
I'm sure you will enjoy them.

i finally found my chickens! i got 3 5 month old pullets. they are all what the breeder called mutts :) from the coloring he thinks dorothy is silverlace wyandotte/amber sexlink, gretel is ameracauna/red sexlink, and ellen is silverlace wyandotte/goldlace wyandotte/red sex link. do those sound like they'll be good hens? it was dark and stormy today and they are huddled in the coop in the corner and it's too dark to take pics. how long do you think it will take them to get accustomed to their new home? thanks everyone!
signed,
very excited new mama :)

Often, mutt chickens are the prettiest. :)
I can't resist hatching from my flock of mixed layers every now and then for the mystery chicks that will hop out of my incubator. :)
In fact, that's exactly what I'm doing for the Easter hatchalong! ;)

i finally found my chickens! i got 3 5 month old pullets. they are all what the breeder called mutts
smile.png
from the coloring he thinks dorothy is silverlace wyandotte/amber sexlink, gretel is ameracauna/red sexlink, and ellen is silverlace wyandotte/goldlace wyandotte/red sex link. do those sound like they'll be good hens? it was dark and stormy today and they are huddled in the coop in the corner and it's too dark to take pics. how long do you think it will take them to get accustomed to their new home? thanks everyone!
signed,
very excited new mama
smile.png
I love that the breeder told you straight up that they were mutts! And those breeds that he crossed are all good ones, so I expect the crosses will be, too! I'll bet they are pretty! That's one reason I keep EEs, just for the novelty!

SSSSSOOOOO i may have gotten an 8 week old black orp pullet you all are bad influences on my
woot.gif
I have a baaaaaaad habit with trying to figure out chicken math....LOLOLOLOL......... I have a coop out there with 4 grown hens and 6 little chicks in the front/rear bedroom ....don't have the coop ready yet!!! AND.............. my DH doesn't even know they are in the house!!!!!!!!! LOLOL We sit in the next room in front of the tv every evening !!!! OPPPPPPPPs...............LOLOL
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom