North Carolina

What I'm really looking for is peachicks. Our property is 21 acres of woods with a 3 acre pond. I really miss my peafowl that I used to have. I raised them from 1997-2004 and also had male peafowls for about ten years before

Tracy - I'll probably have some IB hatching eggs in the spring. Just message me around March/April. If you don't incubate I could probably be talked into hatching a few for you. :)

What I'm really looking for is peachicks. Our property is 21 acres of woods with a 3 acre pond. I really miss my peafowl that I used to have. I raised them from 1997-2004 and also had male peafowls for about ten years before
There was some at the Wicked Chicken Auction today. The auction
is every Sunday in Wilson Mills.......quite a trip for you. If you are careful
and know what to look for in healthy birds, you can get some fair deals there.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's a bit cooler this morning and in some ways it feels good
but in others it's not so good. I actually encouraged DH to
have an electric blanket on the bed AND turned on, on low.
It felt good, part of me just wants to crawl back under those
covers and soak up the warmth.
tongue.png

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Yes! I love this cooler weather. Like you though, I want to crawl back into bed of a morning.
smile.png

I have beds of mustard, radish and carrots going;. I wish I had thought of these years earlier. Life is easier if you do not have to bend over at my age.
hu.gif
We need all the help we can get
lau.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

We have not done any winter gardening to speak of before.
We did keep a couple tomato plants in a little green house
an they did survive the winter but really did not fruit. I seen
an idea of straw bales with some glass doors on top of them
and while I like the basic idea I'm not thrilled about the glass
doors part. I wonder if visqueen plastic would work too?
hide.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Good morning!

I love this cooler weather, the chickens are happy, the ducks are happy and the horses are happy!  DH and I are able to work on putting a pasture in without worrying about heat stroke. 

Just had a fun moment.  I heard the horses making noise and I looked out and I had one too many!  The neighbors stallion came for a visit.  He doesn't like my electrobraid fencing, though.  But I rounded him up and he has the honor of using my new barn first.  We just got the roof on yesterday, fortunately the stalls have doors, even if I don't have good base material and mats in yet.  Of course, my neighbor isn't home to come get his boy...but he is a gorgeous black TWH.  Maybe it is a gift?  LOL

JW

♡♡♡ Although, unexpected babies are, well, unexpected. :D

Hi, y'all! I've lived in Laurinberg, NC since July. I love it!
I have my new chicks-6 guineas, 10 red broilers and 6 various layers and 3 bantams. I also have 7 mallard ducklings, about 12 weeks old.
I'd like to find a source of Dorkings next spring, and also plan to purchase some other breeds that weren't available this summer, including OEG bantams, Egyptian Fayoimis, buttercups and maybe some dark egg layers. I'm also planning to get some heritage turkeys.
What I'm really looking for is peachicks. Our property is 21 acres of woods with a 3 acre pond. I really miss my peafowl that I used to have. I raised them from 1997-2004 and also had male peafowls for about ten years before that.
I've never really had any time of my life without poultry or birds. Even while in the city of Mesa, AZ, I had layers, turkeys and broilers.
Working on building one of my three coops right now. I'd like to convert a large,old swingset. This will end up being my broiler coop after I'm able to get my laying coop done. I will also need something to house the mallards.
I assume the guineas will live in the trees and the peafowl will live on the barn roof, as they did in the past. This winter, I'll have a proper hen coop, brooder and horse barn built.

My guineas are all coop trained. They come home and go to bed every night {except the two hens on a nest right now.... :/} Having a wee bit of light on their side at bedtime has been *hugely* helpful.

Back
Top Bottom