North Carolina

WOW this weather caught me off guard not ready for cold yet 14 degrees and it just Nov. Most of my ladies are on strike while molting, just the two youngest still laying. This the first I been thru a molt and was wondering how long before they get there feathers back? They got to be cold.
Hey Chicken Hound, I'm just up the road from you in Avery County. This weather has caught me off guard as well. My chickens haven't gone through their first molt yet, so I'm not sure when yours will get their feathers back. It looks like tomorrow is going to be a nice day, but after that, its back to freezing temps and snow. Have a good Thanksgiving and stay warm!

Good morning and welcome to the new folks
frow.gif

It's turkey week......which means Christmas is right around the corner.
Where has the year gone? I have a couple days of work and then the
work gets intense with all the cooking.
droolin.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Welcome to all the new folks!

Thanks for the new fermentation article!

Lovely soft day today. Will only be at work until 1:00, so can get some stuff done this afternoon.

Welcome to all the new folks!

Thanks for the new fermentation article!

Lovely soft day today. Will only be at work until 1:00, so can get some stuff done this afternoon.
he.gif
I'm headed to Lowe's to get a couple of things (plumbing stuff)...and then home to work on it!! I'm trying to figure out if I can actually replace a ring under the commode all by myself.I figure that I can get it off and scrape and replace the ring... But will I have enough left in me to lift that commode and get it back on the bolts/ring? YUK
duc.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I've been loving these temps we are having but it will
make for a very warm kitchen the next few days.........
almost steam bath warm..........but the food will be worth it.
droolin.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Last edited:
Nice day! I'll be stuck inside all day, but I'll get the tail end of it when I get off. Last day of work for the week! I really NEED this break! And...I get to see the new grandson!

Enjoy your day!

Back
Top Bottom