North Carolina

Oh nooooo! My kitties must have shut down my power strip and my incubator lost power for some time this morning. I'm not sure for how long, but my temps got down to 82. AND I have an incubator in lockdown. Oy Vey!!!!

Its a good thing my kitties love the chics as much as I do (watching them, not eating them), or I might be tempted to put them in the garage next time I'm in lockdown for the ENTIRE time. meh.

Claudia
fl.gif

I hope everything works out! In nature, there is no way to regulate with the precision we try to apply, so I'm hoping this will work out just fine!

Oh nooooo! My kitties must have shut down my power strip and my incubator lost power for some time this morning. I'm not sure for how long, but my temps got down to 82. AND I have an incubator in lockdown. Oy Vey!!!!

Its a good thing my kitties love the chics as much as I do (watching them, not eating them), or I might be tempted to put them in the garage next time I'm in lockdown for the ENTIRE time. meh.

Claudia
Had a broody get off the eggs during hatch time and it was below freezing outside. The eggs were stone cold when I found them and after sitting them inside by the heater some they started moving. They hatched a little late, only lost one egg. Good luck with your hatch they should be alright.

Do you have an instant read or thermal thermometer? You could check the temp of the eggs. Seems like their temp doesn't go down nearly as quick as the incubator. They might still be in a safe zone.

I haaaave, the thermometer attached on top of the brinsea. I don't know what kind it is. I didn't bother opening up the top cause I didn't want more heat to escape.

Claudia

Claudia
A few hours won't bother them too much. Better too cool than too warm. I lost power last winter during a snow storm for four days and still had some hatch out. Yours should be fine. As someone else said, they may be a bit late but that is okay. Mine hatched on day 25 after losing power for day 18-22.

Back
Top Bottom