North Carolina

Hey, I'm just a couple years behind you. I remember all the same stuff, and outdoor toilets as well
tongue.png

Has anyone else heard that NC will be prohibiting the public sale of poultry this August through January? An acquaintance at the flock swap was telling me about it, and I didn't know where to find out for sure...

It most likely will vary depending on their personalities and willingness to accept their places in the pecking. I've see it go both ways

One week later everything seems ok. But will be keeping an eye out. But, my pullets have been getting further away from the coop since having the cockerel around. Also found out we have a bantam cockerel and a good chance of another one of our bantams being a cockerel.

Has anyone else heard that NC will be prohibiting the public sale of poultry this August through January? An acquaintance at the flock swap was telling me about it, and I didn't know where to find out for sure...

Sounds like gossip to me, and not pulling any info on it

Also anyone got any White Leghorn pullets around the 10-12 week area. I am looking for about 3-4 to add to the flock.

Last edited:
Hello!
Hope you all are keeping cool, it's gross hot out!!!

I know we're not supposed to fill this board with for sale posts, but we're PCSing overseas (military move) and selling off all of our animals (laying hens, point of laying pullets, chicks, ducks, rabbits, even the dog).
If anyone is interested, just send me a pm.

I hope all the dad's out there have a great Father's day!

Edit: Forgot I have some free chicks as well-- Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers. These are ones I *think* are more likely to be cockerels. My plan was to grow them out for meat before we were moving. I've been wrong before so you may get lucky and get a girl or two. But giving them away as cockerel chicks. 1-6 weeks old.

Last edited:
? sounds a bit fishy. what was the reasoning behind those certain months?

Yes..due to the potential of AI heading this way during the mitigation this fall. ALL sales of birds..ALL BIRDS is banned Aug. 15th -Jan 15th . AT this time. The state will re-evaluate at that time.
NO BIRDS will be sold or traded at any swap, sale or auction and no birds shows in NC during this time.

http://www.ncagr.gov/avianflu/

I was wondering when it was going to be our turn with the AI preparedness plan. Looks like I'll be raising more of them Roos longer than I anticipated, good thing we built a big house/run for them :) Oh well it will give us time to make sure they are nice and friendly for their next home in the Spring :)

Yes we had a speaker at the poultry club in Macon cty talk about that. Its those months because its the time the wild flocks fly back up north. they figure they will be the worst times. We on the East Coast are in that flyway in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom