North Carolina

Had a cow decide to calve, poor thing was covered in ice sickles and not even cleaned off from being born so we had to get it up and get it warm and dry and then cut out the cow from about 50 others, lets just say its been a messy and busy day. I love snow, but not for the animals. 
Yeah I'm feeling your pain snow just isn't for farmers

Hope everybody is able to stay warm Moomoodiddy, hope your calf and mommy is doing well. I am running water out every couple of hours to my small flock and checking for eggs. (none yet stinking freeloaders, don't they know they are supposed to lay right at 24 weeks
gig.gif
) That said one of my EE's has started popping a squat every time I enter the coop so hopefully soon! Y'all stay warm and off the roads if you can!

Hope everybody is able to stay warm Moomoodiddy, hope your calf and mommy is doing well. I am running water out every couple of hours to my small flock and checking for eggs. (none yet stinking freeloaders, don't they know they are supposed to lay right at 24 weeks
gig.gif
) That said one of my EE's has started popping a squat every time I enter the coop so hopefully soon! Y'all stay warm and off the roads if you can!
calf and mom are doing great, laying in the barn. I've been having to lug around hot water also to everybody. Got a couple new roosters last week and evidently they aren't manly enough to handle the snow, had to bring them in the garage while the rest of my chickens were doing fine
roll.png

Hello, I am in Virginia. I am looking for White Laced Red Cornish Chickens. I was told there is a superior breeder in North Carolina. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom