North Carolina

Hi everyone!  I posted back in Feb and introduced myself.  My family moved here from Nashville, TN last summer.  We have backyard chickens there and loved it!  I started doing a hatching project in my kids' elementary classes and will be doing that here at their new school as well.  We have chosen a set date of May 4th so I am now finally ready to make some plans for hatching eggs.  I like to collect a variety of breeds so that the kids can see the variety of eggs - colored, sizes, etc.  Some think all eggs are either white or brown like the grocery store and all chicks are fluffy yellow!  ;-)

If anyone has some hatching eggs that they would be willing to donate please let me know, I would be very grateful.  Also, if you have some to sell I would also possibly be interested if they aren't too expensive.

Thank you in advance!
Laura Lee
I won't have eggs until next year. We're rebuilding the flock after a move ourselves. Fayetteville hatchery has fair prices and if you speak with the guy there he may give you a mixed dozen to hatch at a fair price for a school project. His chickens have the right diet and are all healthy. I was able to get a 90% hatch with an LG9300 still air

whats everyone hatching? I hatched a bunch of mixed chicks a while ago. The roo was a copper maran and I'm expecting a few to be "purebred". I kept 5, sold the rest. Now I'm waiting for some more to hatch. I wish I had a bigger incubator as i can only hatch 30 at a time. I'm gonna keep some of the ones that might be "pure" from this hatch as well.

Backstory: I lost my only two copper maran hens in december. One to a neighbors stupid dog
somad.gif
it would have been dead had I owned a gun. I was so angry I could have done the job with a shovel. The other one was probably taken by a hawk, as I never found the body or any feathers. Luckily they left 3 chicks that started laying this spring.

I also have a welsummer hen and roo from some eggs I bought here on BYC. It was a bad hatch and only 3 roos and 2 hens hatched. I lost 2 roos and 1 hen to preds while they where only chicks. They were HUGE as chicks, I don't know if thats a common welsummer characteristic. Didn't care much for them but now the hen lays jumbo eggs and I'm gonna try breeding them to see what comes out.

I have some mixed hatching eggs...all under a French blue copper marans rooster

Blue Andalusian
Black Americauna
Rhode island red
Partridge easter egger

Looking a few turkey eggs to hatch...will swap eggs, chicks, trees, shrubs, blueberry bushes...?

Located in Fayetteville

has anyone dealt with [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Sumner-byrd farm in holly springs? Trying to find some eggs to get back into chickens with and Fayetteville is a 3 hour round trip drive for me.[/COLOR]

has anyone dealt with [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Sumner-byrd farm in holly springs? Trying to find some eggs to get back into chickens with and Fayetteville is a 3 hour round trip drive for me.[/COLOR]
I think they closed. Try the Backyard Chickens in NC Facebook group or call The Urban Chicken NC in Raleigh to see when their next swap event is happening. They'll probably have information on a network of triangle chicken owners/sellers/breeders.

Hi everyone!  I posted back in Feb and introduced myself.  My family moved here from Nashville, TN last summer.  We have backyard chickens there and loved it!  I started doing a hatching project in my kids' elementary classes and will be doing that here at their new school as well.  We have chosen a set date of May 4th so I am now finally ready to make some plans for hatching eggs.  I like to collect a variety of breeds so that the kids can see the variety of eggs - colored, sizes, etc.  Some think all eggs are either white or brown like the grocery store and all chicks are fluffy yellow!  ;-)

If anyone has some hatching eggs that they would be willing to donate please let me know, I would be very grateful.  Also, if you have some to sell I would also possibly be interested if they aren't too expensive.

Thank you in advance!
Laura Lee

Hi Laura! Where are you located in NC? I live in Aberdeen and have experienced my own children being amazed at the process of hatching chicks. If you are nearby I wouldn't mind helping ya out. But I don't have my chickens separated so you would be hatching surprise chickens. I have white, light brown, dark brown and blue egg layers. Roosters are LF Cochins and a Barred Rock. Hens are.... Hmm where do I begin... I have LF Cochins, barnvelder, bantam Cochins, barred rock, cream created legbar, cuckoo Marans, salmon faverolle, eater eggers, Wyandottes and idk what I'm forgetting. There a chance you'd get some pure LF Cochins, bantam Cochins, and barred rocks but everything else would be a mix. Lmk :)

Hi Laura! Where are you located in NC? I live in Aberdeen and have experienced my own children being amazed at the process of hatching chicks. If you are nearby I wouldn't mind helping ya out. But I don't have my chickens separated so you would be hatching surprise chickens. I have white, light brown, dark brown and blue egg layers. Roosters are LF Cochins and a Barred Rock. Hens are.... Hmm where do I begin... I have LF Cochins, barnvelder, bantam Cochins, barred rock, cream created legbar, cuckoo Marans, salmon faverolle, eater eggers, Wyandottes and idk what I'm forgetting. There a chance you'd get some pure LF Cochins, bantam Cochins, and barred rocks but everything else would be a mix. Lmk :)
Hi Laura in in middlesex NC. I could help you out with a couple dozen eggs perhaps. But they would be barnyard mixes. I don't have any separated at the moment. I do do pure breeding and separate but a little later in spring. But there mostly rose comb brown leghorns and black Minorca along with barred rocks and one EE green egg layer. I have a bunch more breeds but they won't be laying till July. But come July I'll have golden laced polish silver lace wyndote Egyptian famous partridge rocks black austrlorp white leghorns etc... Good luck pm me if you need some help and your close by

Back
Top Bottom