North Carolina

Good to know! Thank you for that feedback. I'm looking for a good meat and layer and heard Orpingtons were the way to go. I had Reds and Bantams before since we were mostly just in it for eggs and pets for the kids. But now, and looking at the potential for inflation, I have to realistically consider supplementing our grocery bill. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions there? thanks! ❤️
I personally love the Barred Rocks. I use my birds mainly for eggs and as pets so I am not quite sure about the whole meat production side. I am sure someone else on here can assist with meat production questions. If I had to recommend any kind of bird it would be the Barred Rock but I may be biased here 🤪

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! I hope you find the perfect new family members! Good Luck:jumpy:celebrate

Looking to rehome my gander - it's breaking my heart, but I don't see a way to keep him. My goose is determined to attack him and it just keeps escalating (keeping them separated stresses him out). His feathers are finally growing back in after her ripping them out, you can see the new growth in the second photo.

He's been an excellent guard goose for my ducks, no hawk attacks this past year. He's goofy and will come when called 'heyyy goose'. He does like to parade around and make some fuss (as a goose does). I may be biased but I think he's a very handsome goose.

Willing to drive a distance to make sure he goes to a good home.

goose-2.jpg
goose-3.jpg

Welcome to the sand!

It's a great environment for feather-footed breeds since we don't have any mud. :)
I come from MD so I went from one sand pit to another haha. :D
I'm in debate if I want chickens or ducks tbh.. I wouldn't be able to have a rooster if I can where I live.. so maybe just get a couple females for both.. ducks more for the eggs and chickens because I have a few colorful breeds I'd love to get the chance to have in person.

Anyone in Eastern NC want two beautiful 17 week old Serama roosters?
i have to find a new home for them. My HOA doesn’t want any crowing.
I have them separated because the white one fights the blue one 🙈
They are both very sweet. I live in New Bern, NC
5155C1AC-BC89-4803-95CB-4A1BBE83F396.jpeg
6456C718-53E8-4D2F-A8A1-85B6902FBEE6.jpeg
9AD9CB87-553B-482B-918E-F53C49B7AAFF.jpeg
BED8C45C-971D-4D00-9716-3808D6DA9BDA.jpeg

Anyone sell hatching eggs in this state or nearby? I'm looking for any dual-purpose breed, and ideally at least two different breeds. I'm starting my great meat chicken adventure, and I'm in the 'find what breed(s) I like best' stage so I'm pretty much game for anything. I'm willing to drive anywhere in NC or SC, and can make a day trip of getting to VA, TN, or GA if needed. I'd prefer to pick up in person rather than have them shipped as I can't guarantee I'd be around when the eggs arrived.

Looking to rehome my gander - it's breaking my heart, but I don't see a way to keep him. My goose is determined to attack him and it just keeps escalating (keeping them separated stresses him out). His feathers are finally growing back in after her ripping them out, you can see the new growth in the second photo.

He's been an excellent guard goose for my ducks, no hawk attacks this past year. He's goofy and will come when called 'heyyy goose'. He does like to parade around and make some fuss (as a goose does). I may be biased but I think he's a very handsome goose.

Willing to drive a distance to make sure he goes to a good home.

View attachment 2680005View attachment 2680006
Are you still looking?

Several eight-week-old pullets looking for a new home, slowly realized I prefer a smaller overall flock 🙃 Not picky as to which ones end up going as they're all friendly and goofy.

I have one of each--Salmon Favorelle, Black Australorp, Black Copper Maran, Barnevelder, Welsummer, Swedish Flower, Speckled Sussex, BBS Laced Red Wyandotte, BBS Ameraucana, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Cream Legbar, and three EE's.

Have pictures to share, located in Durham. Message me if interested!

Back
Top Bottom