North Carolina

Thanks Beth, I am not as nervous and worried about them hurting the little ones now, but poor little guys are burning up in there. The hen I call Rosie has always been timid and standoffish seems to be the 'queen' of the flock, she has been the most aggressive.

Those new chicks are so pretty, perhaps I want a Lavender chicken??? jk, DH would kill me!

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July!
Connie

Everyone needs a lavender chicken...
lol.png

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm running late again this morning...I need to quit this sleeping in thing. The chickens don't like it.

But all is well in the henhouses, and the sheep look good, too. Mama turkey is still sitting, and I still have no idea if she has any eggs at all. I hadn't collected from there for a few days before she went broody, and the only times I've seen her off I've been involved in something and unable to go look.

Eggs are popping in the incubator. So far...4 Black English Orpingtons, 4 Barred Olive Eggers, 2 BLRW. One more BLRW egg pipped, three more Orp eggs pipped. Lots of cheeping and peeping going on around here.

I'm liking this new incubator. I may get a second one. I prefer one for incubating and one for hatching.

Oh, yeah....Happy Fourth of July!! Don't set anything on fire today!

Last edited:
Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm running late again this morning...I need to quit this sleeping in thing. The chickens don't like it.

But all is well in the henhouses, and the sheep look good, too. Mama turkey is still sitting, and I still have no idea if she has any eggs at all. I hadn't collected from there for a few days before she went broody, and the only times I've seen her off I've been involved in something and unable to go look.

Eggs are popping in the incubator. So far...4 Black English Orpingtons, 4 Barred Olive Eggers, 2 BLRW. One more BLRW egg pipped, three more Orp eggs pipped. Lots of cheeping and peeping going on around here.

I'm liking this new incubator. I may get a second one. I prefer one for incubating and one for hatching.

Oh, yeah....Happy Fourth of July!! Don't set anything on fire today!

yuckyuck.gif
Here ya go........................
lau.gif

I'm looking to purchase two Brahma pullets in the Yadkin and surrounding counties area. I have 3 Light Brahmas that are a little over a year old. I prefer Light but any Brahma will work. If anyone knows of any in my area, can you let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom