North Dakota

Pics

jdschuler

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
I live in North Dakota... yep... people do live here! lol I have started a website for our ranch and for those of you that read my short story experience "the chicken is playing dead... and yes I screamed like a girl" here on Backyard Chickens, I have also started a blog. I have never done anything like this but thought enough funny things happen around here I might as well put them down... lol feel free to look around my site and the blog is called The Funny Farm and is under the tab "on the farm"
the website is www.minihafenranch.com

I truly hope you enjoy it!!

Well let's get this party started again. Were currently from Edgeley but just bought a ranch just North of Hillsboro. We are currently hatching fools looking for local hatching eggs. Once established we will share the wealth!

I am about 1 hour and 30 minutes from Hillsboro. If you ever want some Olive egger/Easter egger eggs I can hook you up with some! Or mixed and the chance of pure Buckeyes and Cochin bantams! Got lots of nice birds here! Maybe you even want to try some turkey or Guinea eggs in a few weeks! ;)

Last edited:
I am having a friend take a pair of Icelandics and pair of Swedish Flower Hens(hen is in the breed name) to New Salem tomorrow.
20180510_172814.jpg

20180510_173102.jpg

I'm in North Dakota as well! We live in Donnybrook which is not far from Minot. We lived in Minot almost 2 years. We are originally from Down south. How do y'all protect your chicks from winters up here? This is our first winter with chicks and I'm nervous about it!

Welcome! You can hop over to the Survivng Min bestow thread and have all the questions you have answered! There are quite a few Nodaks on there!

We moved to Bismarck 2 yrs ago, in city limits. I want to try to get an ordinance passed to allow chicken in city limits! Are you in city limits?
Actually I was living by the new legacy high school at the east ridge apartment complex but I have. Ow moved outside of city limits just a 5 minute drive outside city limits tbh. BUT!!! I agree 100% I shall most certainly do what ever i need to get that ordanence passed!! LETS START A PATITION! :celebrate:wee:woot:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom