North Dakota

Pics
Anyone coming to the Exotic Sale in New Salem this weekend? I am going to try and have someone take a pair of Icelandics and Swedish Flower Hens for me

I am having a friend take a pair of Icelandics and pair of Swedish Flower Hens(hen is in the breed name) to New Salem tomorrow.
20180510_172814.jpg

20180510_173102.jpg

Very nice.

Did things sell well for those that made it? I seen a couple photos on facebook, looks like it was a bit more variety there this time around.

Very nice.

Did things sell well for those that made it? I seen a couple photos on facebook, looks like it was a bit more variety there this time around.
I know guineas and peacocks, like usual, sold well, not sure on prices. A white peacock sold for $370, and young chicks were going for $18 a piece. I know my birds didn't sell very well because they were some of the last ones to go.

I've never understood why guineas go so high at those. They are really hardy and they aren't particularly hard to raise from chicks. Not sure where all the demand comes from.

I've considered raising some just for that sale but I had them for one summer, raised by a broody hen, and there just never was a moment of peace with them around. I couldn't take it.

Mine never sell well either, because they are always some of the last ones too, lol. I'm down to just 8 hens right now, so I didn't have anything to take anyway. Didn't raise chicks this year surprisingly, just too many other projects going on etc.

I'm in North Dakota as well! We live in Donnybrook which is not far from Minot. We lived in Minot almost 2 years. We are originally from Down south. How do y'all protect your chicks from winters up here? This is our first winter with chicks and I'm nervous about it!

I'm in North Dakota as well! We live in Donnybrook which is not far from Minot. We lived in Minot almost 2 years. We are originally from Down south. How do y'all protect your chicks from winters up here? This is our first winter with chicks and I'm nervous about it!

Welcome! You can hop over to the Survivng Min bestow thread and have all the questions you have answered! There are quite a few Nodaks on there!

Hello fellow North dakotans! I moved here about three years ago from the Pacific northwest 45 minutes north of Seattle little cow town called stanwood. Anyways I'm going to be starting a flock soon and was wondering if you guys know of any local breeders that sell Barnevelders and or speckled sussex.

Any help would be great!

Back
Top Bottom