North Dakota

HI, I have several different varieties of chickens for sale from day old chicks on up.

Ameraucana Chickens, Bantam Cochin Chickens, Bantam Frizzle Chickens, Bantam Phoenix Longtail Chickens, Black Copper Maran Chickens, Blue Maran Chickens, Black Rose-Comb Chickens, Guineas, Light Brahma Chickens, Mille Fleur D'uccle Chickens, Olive Egger Chickens, Black, Blue and Splash Orpington Chickens, Showgirl Silkie Chickens, Silkie Chickens

Located right ourside Fargo, ND

York is between Rugby and Devils Lake. I will not be geting Rhode Island Reds again, they are aggressive and now they have picked most of their feathers off. I have had to split the non feather pickers from the feather pickers. If they still didn't lay so well I would just butcher them.

Sellison, I think you are directly north of me then. We are close to Driscoll.

i don't have any RIR, so that is good to know about the breed. I have always heard good things about them.

Hello North Dakotans,

I am a teacher in south central North Dakota and plan to hatch eggs in my classroom. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to get my eggs and what are the best breeds to get for brown egg layers or efficient social egg layers? This is my first time hatching eggs and am very excited.

Thanks for your replies!

Hello,

I have been searching high and low for Maran's. I ordered some this past year and the place messed up my order and so i got 1 rooster now but the hens turned out to be something different. They lay white eggs!! LOL. Not Maran's for sure. I am located near Bismarck! Let me know exactly where you are at. Also how much do want for poults or eggs or if you have any hens for sale? And a way to contact you or I can give you my info. which ever works best. Thanks

Australorps and partridge rocks are good brown egg layers. Seem to be very docile and just great mothers. They have been producing for me even in the cold. Not sure where to get eggs except from local farms. I am located in mid-south-central north dakota. I have a few different breeds. I would offer eggs but my birds are currently in Montana as I have just moved to North Dakota and am having to build and get things ready so I can bring my birds!!! If you have problems finding eggs let me know and I will help you find some!!

Since there is a few of us North Dakota poultry raisers we need to share how we get through the winters and different housing, feeding, and watering designs!!! Glad to see that even in North Dakota there are backyard chicken fans!!!

Hello North Dakotans,

I am a teacher in south central North Dakota and plan to hatch eggs in my classroom. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to get my eggs and what are the best breeds to get for brown egg layers or efficient social egg layers? This is my first time hatching eggs and am very excited.

Thanks for your replies!
Where are you located? I just donated some eggs for another classroom hatch, but depending where you are, might be able to set aside some.

Since there is a few of us North Dakota poultry raisers we need to share how we get through the winters and different housing, feeding, and watering designs!!! Glad to see that even in North Dakota there are backyard chicken fans!!!

I think you and I might be neighbors! I live in south central ND as well. I currently do not have Marans, but have been looking for some as well. There was a gal out East that had posted about having some.

as far as winterizing, this is the first time I have had chickens. Gt lucky that there was a place to put them when we bought our land, and it seems about perfect for keeping a few birds through the winter. I do have a few changes to make this spring in preparation for next winter though. Did I read that you have Guinnies with your chickens? Do they seem to get along alright? I think I would like a few to help take care of the ticks!

Back
Top Bottom