North Dakota

Pics
My brahma roo is at the bottom of the rooster totem pole :( They had most of his tail feathers ripped out this summer, he's growing them back in now and is starting to look pretty nice. I think the boys all settled their differences as I haven't seen them fight with each other for a long time now, and nobody's missing tail feathers. He's my big gentle rooster, the only one out of my roosters that likes attention... The hens on the other hand, especially my red stars, are attention hogs. Two of my red stars, a polish, and a brahma all like to sit on my lap.

I'm just south of Fargo and have a flock of 25 right now, 16 different breeds.

I am looking to get some Icelandic chickens to add to the flock as well. Anyone have chicks or a breeding trio to sell?

I've been thinking of how to set up breeding pens myself, but mine need to wait till it actually is nicer. The part of the coop where those will go has no heat or light at the moment. :/

So just out of curiosity where does everyone get there feed? Do you make your own? Runnings or Fleet Farm? I was getting it at Runnings for awhile and WOW for expensive 16.99 for a 40 lb.!, just like everything else in Dickinson I guess. Those of you over east are lucky to have fleet farm, their prices were pretty reasonable.

I've been getting it at steffen feeds here in town and was just curious if anyone else in this area gets it from them (western edge, since I think we are the only two in the area on here), its pretty cheap compared to runnings (i think its $10 for a 50lb. bag) and I was wondering if there was a major nutritional difference since its kind of a ground-up powder type feed vs the pellets/crumbles elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom