North Dakota

Pics
Right now I have some wheaten americanas and buff laced brahmas going into lockdown on Wednesday and some lavender brahmas I just put in. Going to start making a Coolerbator today.

So what have you been keeping your humidity at for the first 18 days?

Cute chicks!

We did a small hatching in March, and one for a preschool in April. I had a very wide variety in there. We had Cochins, frizzles, turkens, a few EE, some Welsummers, and a few other mixed breads in there. My older ones have grown out quite nicely, and I expect that I will be able to butcher some of the extra roosters off in June. They just began crowing within the last 2 days.

I had been looking for some local turkey and peafowl eggs, but no such luck so I am thinking I will be ordering some turkey and a few new breeds of chickens to hatch.

Do any of you have fertile blue or black copper Marans eggs you would want to sell? I am also looking for some Ancona duck eggs.

I ordered 15 chickens (10 egg layers, 5 meat) and they arrived just over a week ago. Unfortunately, 2 meat and 1 egg layer died in transit but at least I was credited for them. The others seem to be doing quite well. I would like to get a couple turkey's that will be ready for Thanksgiving, but I definitely don't want to order 5. It would be great to find someone local to buy poults from, so will have to see what happens. I am also ready for some sun...enough rain! At least a week of sun would be awesome!

I ordered 15 chickens (10 egg layers, 5 meat) and they arrived just over a week ago.  Unfortunately, 2 meat and 1 egg layer died in transit but at least I was credited for them.  The others seem to be doing quite well.  I would like to get a couple turkey's that will be ready for Thanksgiving, but I definitely don't want to order 5.  It would be great to find someone local to buy poults from, so will have to see what happens.  I am also ready for some sun...enough rain!  At least a week of sun would be awesome!

Maverick, I have a friend who has turkeys setting now. She doesn't want any more birds, so she Will be selling poults once they hatch. I can keep you updated. She is between Minot and Bismarck. I believe they are just mixed breeds, but if you are just going to eat them they would probably be perfect.

Right now I have some wheaten americanas and buff laced brahmas going into lockdown on Wednesday and some lavender brahmas I just put in. Going to start making a Coolerbator today.

So what have you been keeping your humidity at for the first 18 days?
I keep the humidity at around 40% for the first 15 days, then slowly increase it by closing vents on the inci or adding a wick to the water tray, up to the 18th day. At that point I move the eggs to the hatcher unit which is set at about 75%. This seems to work for me.

For this batch I have hatching now, I kept at 35%, might up it in the future. I just finished my Coolerbator which is going to be stuffed(hopefully), I have some buff saddleback goose eggs coming, white silkie, more lavender and buff laced brahmas..... Plus the dozen black copper maran eggs already in my other incubator. Lol

Anyone going to New Salem for the small animal auction next weekend? I'm going to take some excess roosters and call duck drakes.

Ooh! I have been meaning to go to that for a couple of years and always end up missing it. I am so busy from now till school ends, but I hope I can make time to go at least for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom