North Dakota

Pics
Kodster, Do you feed corn? Corn is suppose to make them fatty and they will quit laying eggs. I feed catfood every three days during the winter if they start to slow down. I don't have to do that very often. Usually right after a molt for a week or so and they come back. Just a thought. I dislike free loading animals.
hu.gif

Kodster, Do you feed corn? Corn is suppose to make them fatty and they will quit laying eggs. I feed catfood every three days during the winter if they start to slow down. I don't have to do that very often. Usually right after a molt for a week or so and they come back. Just a thought. I dislike free loading animals.
hu.gif

I feed them mostly Flock Raiser because I have ducks and geese, too... everyone's on the same feed. However, I DO get them a small portion of both scratch grains, and black oil sunflower seeds, but with a 5-1 ratio... 5 parts Flock Raiser to 1 part of scratch and sunflower seeds, so it's mostly the Flock Raiser. I fed them the same mix, last winter, but in fermented mash... maybe that's the difference. It would freeze up on them, so this year we stopped doing that.

I figured why mine are freeloading. They are starting to molt heavy. I figured they were starting but didn't figure this early. I noticed a bird that looked sick and feathers ruffled out of place... I took a closer examination and picked the poor hen up. That hen looked like she hand mange!

I have no experience with food in a bag. So I am no help. Sorry. Does it say it has corn in it on the label? You would think it is right for them. So who knows, they are chickens, they tend to do what they want.

I feed wheat as a constant. Then I rotate treats of flax, barley, oats, scrambled eggs, potatoes, catfood, and milk from my cow. Of course kitchen scraps, the dog and cat won't eat.

Do any of you happen to be near Crown Butte? I have a friend who found a nice roo randomly out there today while fishing. She doesn't want to leave him behind.... But she lives in town and can't take him along.

Hey everyone! I just moved to North Dakota from Montana (total of 30 miles lol :p) we used to live in eastern Montana aka Sidney but moved across the boarder to my in laws farm where we are building a house right now (footers are poured and working on walls of basement today :D) just ordered my chickena they will be here may 18th from McMurray harchery! Going to fairview tonight to pick up an old camper for free to use as a chicken coop!

Well there's me in a nutshell!

Ccarver...you are not so far from our place, it seems. We're betwixt Stanley and Tioga.

What did you order? I'm looking at getting Dominiques, but may have to wait until next year.

Ccarver...you are not so far from our place, it seems.  We're betwixt Stanley and Tioga. 

What did you order?  I'm looking at getting Dominiques, but may have to wait until next year.

Were between Sidney and Beach on ND hwy 16

As for chickens I got :
4 female barred rocks 1 male
4 female astroulps? 1 male
5 buff rocks
+ 1 mystery rare breed for free
+any extras they send in the shipping process.

I'm pretty excited !

Back
Top Bottom